The Afternoon Line: When "Brewster" and "Sally" Collide
So we're zipping through today's "Brewster Rockit," as our favorite space guy dissolves into a flashback loop, when suddenly we are struck by an intense flashback of our own. Not to a previous "Brewster," but to an eerily familiar... "Sally Forth."
As in: Today's. YOWza. Let's buzz in for a closer look at both:
1. Young brunette woman who's the smartest person in the panel. Check.
2. Woman's open palms are raised to convey impassioned feeling. Check.
3. Slower-witted blond dude (SWBD) raises left hand to his face. Check.
4. Woman stands to the left, SWBD stands to the right. Yessiree.
5. Recent talk of new spawn around the casa. Right-o.
6. Scenes of yet another...flashback!
Holy Yogi Berra! It's like deja-vu all over again. These two toons, unlikely as it is, share a crazy similar blueprint. What the Philbert is going on here?
Did we miss a memo? Or an art manual? Or, when loopy cartoonists simply spend too much time monkeying around with the space(guy)/time continuum, do straaange things begin to happen?
This is all too much to wrap our Pentium-1 noggin around. Let us instead chart a safer course for, oh...
"Baby Blues." Why, just look at Wanda and Darr-- O...M...G.
Are you @#$& kiddin' me?!?
What comics today make you bust a gut, tickle a rib or vent a spleen? Send your incisive diatribes, snarky comments and soul-searching questions to: email@example.com.
Posted by: Ryan | August 6, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Linus Van Pelt | August 6, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Julia | August 6, 2008 7:13 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.