The Morning Line: Time to Cast 'Mark Trail: The Movie'
Thanks to commenter "staxowax," Comic Riffs has its sights set on The Next Big Film Project.
Mark Trail, get ready for your closeup. Your time has come.
In our blogpost yesterday about "Hollywood-bound comics," "staxowax" (with "hdradio" seconding the motion) proposed a sendup flick of "Mark Trail." Well, the idea went over boffo at the 'Riffs pitch meeting. Big ups. So now, for the next step:
We've got to cast "Mark Trail," as well as come up with that just-right title.
The early casting-call pick to play Our Man in Khaki himself is Jon Hamm (especially since Hamm has shown on AMC's "Mad Men" that he can engagingly play a man perpetually stuck in the '60s).
Some of the other names being floated for the role by 'Riffs:
1. Guy Pearce (the Aussie has done his share of outdoorsy roles in khaki).
2. Jake Gyllenhaal (rogue charm; has already a love-story Western).
3. Ben Affleck (clean-cut with outspoken convictions).
4. James Denton (though has aged some past Mark Trail's eternal 32 years old).
5. Brad Pitt (because, well, he's "attached" to everything).
Another sought-after role will surely be the always riveting flirtatious wackjob, Kelly Welly. Comic Riffs asks you to consider these names:
1. Sean Young (because no one plays "crazy" like Ms. Young).
2. Jennifer Jason Leigh (because no one plays "silent psycho" like Mrs. Leigh Baumbach).
3. Hilary Swank (we can just smell the Oscar).
4. Katie Holmes (because well's, she's "attached" to everything).
What are your picks for our newly green-lighted project, "Mark Trail: Cocky in Khaki"?
| December 3, 2008; 6:00 AM ET
Categories: The Morning Line
Save & Share: Previous: The Riff: How to Avoid the Day-Old Gag
Next: Another Cartoonist Layoff Today? Here's Your Call to Arms
Posted by: tws1372 | December 3, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dandemain | December 3, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: yellojkt | December 3, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: staxowax | December 3, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: seismic-2 | December 3, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: SteveinStLouis | December 3, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.