San Diego Comic-Con: The Top 10 Moments (So Far)
As this Riffster hits the midpoint of Marathon Comic-Con, here's a rundown of Top Ten Highlights so far:
10. Pixar founder John Lasseter telling several of us the advice he gives to aspiring animators: "Learn the basics. ... Your tools will change throughout your career. It's what you do with the technology that matters."
9. Watching a Storm Trooper trying to figure out just how to pick up his Starbucks drink with his clunky metallic-plated grip. (Do Storm Troopers do Frappuccino?)
8. The "Frog and the Princess" filmmakers telling a few of us that they feel "no pressure -- no, NONE at all" -- over the import of how they depict Disney's first-ever African American princess.
7. Lanky "Spider-Man" bounding through the Marriott lobby, prompting even a few women "superheroes" to stare.
6. Jeff Bridges bringing a casual classiness to the press line. The Dude abides.
5. "Jennifer's Body" star Megan Fox quipping archly to a reporter who said he likes ALL of her body of work: "You mean both 'Transformers'?"
4. A costumed Capt. Jack Sparrow wannabe being good-naturedly mocked after the real Johnny Depp made a cameo at the Con.
3. Reminiscing about smaller Comic-Cons of yore (hello, El Cortez) with the wonderful Stan Sakai and his wife.
2. Talking about meeting Japanese animation legend Hayao Miyazaki with Jennifer Connelly and Tim Burton (both charming).
1. Actually meeting Japanese animation legend Hayao Miyazaki.
| July 25, 2009; 10:10 AM ET
Categories: San Diego Comic-Con
Save & Share: Previous: Dispatch from Comic-Con: Fan Costumes
Next: The Truest Thing You'll Read About San Diego Comic-Con. Perhaps.
Posted by: EricS2 | July 25, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sstackwick | July 25, 2009 8:11 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: cavnam | July 25, 2009 10:29 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: kilby | July 26, 2009 2:02 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: jhershelredpuppy1 | July 29, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.