Best Political Cartoons This Minute: We Pick 'Em
This Riffster's favorite political cartoons this minute...
1. DEATH KINDLY STOPS FOR THEE: When memorializing Robert McNamara, many a cartoonist was quick to invoke the Grim Reaper. In its effective understatment, Fitzsimmon's was arguably the best of this bunch.
2. THE STALK OF THE TOWN: NATE BEELER on Marion Barry: Can't recall the last time I saw such an apropos Marion Barry cartoon. Steer to-ward the light, Mayor Barry...
3. THE LAST STRAW? DAUGHTER-GATE: JOHN SHERFFIUS on Sarah Palin: In terms of artistic execution, simply like the, well, simplicity. An iconic image, neatly appropriated.
4. STAND-UP CANDIDATES: MIKE LUCKOVICH on Al Franken: Maybe I'm just a sucker for seeing ANYone caricature Carrot Top.
5. AND LASTLY, SPEAKING OF McNAMARA: Portland's Jack Ohman has begun a Caption Contest that asks: What words will Robert McNamara hear at the pearly gates (aka The Ultimate Parallel). Not a bad choice among five sly captions -- you can vote for your fave.
| July 9, 2009; 9:45 AM ET
Categories: The Political Cartoon
Save & Share: Previous: Anatomy of a Censorship: Why a Strip Is Spiked
Next: The Riff: When Refried Gags Cause Deja-Vu All Over Again
Posted by: seismic-2 | July 9, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: jimbo1949 | July 9, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: kilby | July 9, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.