'Riffs Picks: Check out the week's TOP 10 TWEETS
From comics to the cartoonists themselves, here are Comic Riffs's insanely subjective picks for Top Cartoon Tweets of last week. Well, except for No. 1 -- it is OBJECTIVELY entertaining...
TOP 10 TWEETS (listed by Twitter account name):
10. @FAKEAPSTYLEBOOK: When covering comic book conventions, be sure to walk past 400 normal people to interview the guy dressed like Aquaman.
9. @DCORSETTO (Danielle Corsetto): Ha! My mom just sent me a bunch of dirty cartoons. I feel like I'm sitting at the Grown-Up Table.
8. @PVPONLINE (Scott Kurtz): To quote Star Trek 2, cartooning is my "first, best destiny."
7. @DRUNKHULK (best after you've checked out the full sense of the Twitterfeed): AND YOU MAY FIND YOUSELF IN BEAUTIFUL HOUSE! WITH BEAUTIFUL WIFE! AND YOU MAY ASK YOUSELF! WELL! HOW DID DRUNK HULK GET HERE!
6. @GENEWEINGARTEN: When Lucy pulled the football away, why did Charlie Brown wind up on his back? It makes no sense!
5. @SMILINSTANLEE: That's all the erudition I've time for tonight. Sleep well, sleep soundly, sleep with someone you love! Excelsior!
4. @NEILHIMSELF (Neil Gaiman): I am sitting in an Indianapolis Starbucks writing a speech in a moleskine notebook. I feel like a lazy writer's idea of what a writer does.
3. @POORALMANACK (Richard Thompson): A bold move today to Strathmore 500 Series Vellum Bristol Board. Expensive paper always scares me.
2. @MARKFIORE (after his Pulitzer win): Prize-winning tip for the day: Bartenders [do] not like to be summoned with "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!!"
annnd the No. 1 pick:
1. @RSTEVENS (aka creator of "Diesel Sweeties"): Cartooning: Because you were going to spend all that time alone anyway.®
@COMICSALLIANCE: Famous Comics Visualized as Dime Store Paperback Novels: http://dlvr.it/XpG1
Have a fave comics-related Tweet or tweeted link? Feel free to send it to @COMICRIFFS.
THE RELATED READ:
MARK FIORE's iPHONE APP: The Rant: Why does Apple hate satire?
WHEN 'TOONISTS TURN TO TWITTER: How -- and why -- some artists are tweeting to their advantage.
| April 18, 2010; 10:30 AM ET
Categories: The Top Tweets | Tags: ComicsAlliance, Danielle Corsetto, FakeAPStylebook, Gene Weingarten, Mark Fiore, Neil Gaiman, RStevens, Richard Thompson, Scott Kurtz, Stan Lee
Save & Share: Previous: Fischetti-winning Steve Breen: Awards 'mean more than ever' in tough times
Next: BOX OFFICE: Weak 'Kick-Ass' barely kicks 'Dragon' tail [UPDATED]
The comments to this entry are closed.