Posted at 2:30 PM ET, 01/ 6/2011

THE BEST IN COMICS: Time to vote from these nominees...

By Michael Cavna

In recent weeks, Comic Riffs asked readers to nominate their favorite comics and animations from 2010. From webcomics to feature films, we received hundreds of Riffy Award nominations, from which we've culled the finalists that received the most mentions.

So here they are, the nominees in four categories, based only on work that appeared last year. We invite you to vote for your favorite from the finalists. (*This poll, we should note, is nonbinding; void where prohibited; yadda yadda.)

Voting will be open till 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, Jan. 15. UPDATE: And on Friday morning, we announced the six finalists for Best Comic (Any Medium) of 2010. To pick the big 2011 Riffy Award, Vote HERE.

Here they are, your 2010 Riffy Award finalists:

BEST WEBCOMIC:

BEST PRINT COMIC STRIP:

BEST COMIC/GRAPHIC NOVEL:

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:

NOTE: Here are links to the nominated webcomics:
Calamities of Nature
Cyanide & Happiness
Jesus and Mo
Navy Bean
The New Adventures of Queen Victoria
The Oatmeal
Penny Arcade
Pibgorn
Pokeweed
PvP
Schlock Mercenary
xkcd

By Michael Cavna  | January 6, 2011; 2:30 PM ET
Categories:  General, The Animation, The Comic Book, The Comic Strip, The Riffy Awards, The Webcomic  | Tags:  Best Comics of 2010, Riffy Awards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: HAYAO MIYAZAKI's 70th birthday: Fans honor the legendary animator
Next: 2011 RIFFY AWARDS: Vote now for Best Comic of the Year...

Comments

Will there be links for the webcomics?

ED. NOTE: Yep, they should be viewable now. -- M.C.

Posted by: davidgoldreich | January 6, 2011 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Hey, how come no categorie for Comic Panels?

Why can't Speed Bump, Bizarro, etc. be considered?

Posted by: JstreetNW | January 7, 2011 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Hey, how come no category for Comic Panels?

Why can't Speed Bump, Bizarro, etc. be considered?

Posted by: JstreetNW | January 7, 2011 10:47 AM | Report abuse

@JstreetNW:

Both "Speed Bump" and "Bizarro" were eligible -- and received some votes -- for Best Print Comic.

--M.C.

Posted by: Michael Cavna | January 7, 2011 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Hi there: I voted for favorite print comic OK. Then I viewed all the web comics using the links you posted above. Some of the sites were a real slog of popup ads and some of the archives don't work so well. Anyway, when I was trying to view Penny Arcade I clicked by mistake on a link and after closing all the popups I ended up with my display theme being changed (wierd!). So I changed it back but when I went to vote for my favorite web comic (Pighorn) I couldn't because somehow it had already recorded my "vote" but I don't know for which one. I'm guessing it was Jesus and Mo - which is one of the worst you have up for consideration and yet it has the highest number of votes by far. For what it's worth I did like Pighorn and xkcd in that order.

Posted by: ctrammell | January 7, 2011 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Ahhh, great feature and great nominees! Only one problem, I wasn't nominated this year! :)

Posted by: SuperSiblingsComics | January 7, 2011 5:51 PM | Report abuse