Posted at 1:00 PM ET, 02/17/2011

ENTER NOW: Deadline nears in our Cartoon Caption Contest

By Michael Cavna

As tomorrow night's deadline approaches, Comic Riffs is enjoying your entries for our first Nick Galifianakis Cartoon Caption Contest.

valnickstamp.jpg

On Monday, we posted Nick's caption-less cartoon and asked you to supply the words for the art's chattering Cupid.

You can enter your captions in the Comments field by 11:59 p.m. Friday, Feb. 18. The winner will receive a signed print of the Cupid cartoon from Nick -- aka Carolyn Hax's "relationship cartoonist" -- complete with the lettered winning caption.

Good luck!

By Michael Cavna  | February 17, 2011; 1:00 PM ET
Categories:  The Caption Contest  | Tags:  Cartoon Caption Contest, Nick Galifianakis
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Adrianne Palicki: Flying high, here's network-TV's new WONDER WOMAN... [Updated]
Next: LIGHTS! CAMERA! PORTMAN! New 'THOR' trailer's best special effect: Natalie

Comments

The draft in here makes me quiver!

Posted by: ggallagh | February 17, 2011 4:59 PM | Report abuse

And so I said to him, "It was worth a shot!"

Posted by: JennyA1 | February 18, 2011 12:11 PM | Report abuse

and once I get bored of the attention, I can just shoot the commitment onto someone else.

Posted by: seagull3 | February 18, 2011 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Some guys, have NO sense of humor.

Posted by: DadWannaBe | February 18, 2011 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I call it "catch-and-release": about the time she starts planning the wedding, I yank his arrow back out.

Posted by: 3of5 | February 18, 2011 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I told you babies are chick magnets

Posted by: pacdunes | February 18, 2011 12:43 PM | Report abuse

And then...get this....the guy says, "Yeah, forever"!!!

Posted by: marcolius | February 18, 2011 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Turns out I was aiming too low all along

(or)

Gamers are tough. They've spent years playing Halo so they know how to duck. Plus, they never come out of the house.

Posted by: 3of5 | February 18, 2011 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Wait till they're drunk...that slows them down, and they're easier to hit.

Posted by: 3of5 | February 18, 2011 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I typically shoot three at a time, just to mess with their heads.

Posted by: anarcho-liberal-tarian | February 18, 2011 1:06 PM | Report abuse

"So I 'liked' Hugh Hefner on Angelbook and they just showed up..."

Posted by: frisbeek | February 18, 2011 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I love Valentine's Day. Every other day of the year, I'm a fat, naked guy with bad hair. Today? I'm George Clooney.

Posted by: SmokeyWhiteOak | February 18, 2011 1:46 PM | Report abuse

How about another shot of pheromones for the lovely lady on my left? I think I have the one on the right covered...

Posted by: mypnyc | February 18, 2011 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"She said she wanted to appeal to her better angels."

So I says, "Baby, you've come to the right place."

Posted by: enbur | February 18, 2011 1:58 PM | Report abuse

So I thought, why not give Congress a shot?

Posted by: WeatherBee1 | February 18, 2011 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Chickenbutt

Posted by: CCSS | February 18, 2011 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Art major - she said 'Cherubic Cubism' is her type, and we're not a coupla squares!

Posted by: free11 | February 18, 2011 2:51 PM | Report abuse

This one here thinks I'm funnier (and better lookin') than Conan, and this one to my here can't get enough of my smooth baby's bottom.

Being Cupid sure is a tough job. But someone's gotta do it...

Posted by: silvergurl | February 18, 2011 3:03 PM | Report abuse

This one here thinks I'm funnier (and better lookin') than Conan, and this one lovely lady can't get enough of my smooth little baby bottom.

Being Cupid sure is a tough job, pal. But someone's gotta do it...

Posted by: silvergurl | February 18, 2011 3:03 PM | Report abuse

men suck. and that's the good part.

Posted by: Mitchavery7 | February 18, 2011 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I finally get an arrow into one for her, and she says, "wait! Does this mean I'm settling for the slowest runner in the pack?"

Posted by: advocate2 | February 18, 2011 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Turns out she said she likes bow ties, not beaus’ tied!

Posted by: bobsstone | February 18, 2011 3:33 PM | Report abuse

So I asked my barber to make me look like that Robert Pattinson guy. I hear he does well with the ladies.

Posted by: hooldoog | February 18, 2011 9:26 PM | Report abuse

The problem with a shot in the dark is that you don't know what you are going to hit.

Posted by: snowcat | February 18, 2011 9:38 PM | Report abuse

How was I supposed to know? It was dark!

Posted by: snowcat | February 18, 2011 9:40 PM | Report abuse