Book thrown at Obama? Try this list!
Talk about slinging words around! Whoever threw the book at President Obama must have literally believed that "words can never hurt me"!
Sorry. I am contractually obligated to do that.
We initially responded with puzzlement. At first, folks theorized that we thought so highly of Obama as an intellectual that we threw books at him instead of shoes. "Read this, when you get a chance!" we shouted. "We think it will interest you!"
But it turns out that it was just a publicity stunt by an "exuberant" author and crowd member that went wrong. Who hasn't been there? I'm a very exuberant person, so I spend a lot of my time wandering around throwing books at people. "Careful!" I yell. "That's a dictionary!" Still, what a pity! As long as it was soft cover and the aim was that bad, he or she might as well have thrown some books that would have been an interesting commentary on life today.
Here are a few books that would have been a better idea to toss.
- All The President's Men
- That new Woodward book, Obama's Wars. He's already been hit by it once; what's once more, between friends?
- First Step 2 Forever, the Justin Bieber autobiography.
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. So in right now! And that title's quite topical!
- Eat, Pray, Love. The headline "President Temporarily Dazed, But Unscathed, By 'Eat, Pray, Love,'" would inspire sympathy nationwide.
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition]
- Twilight. No matter your political persuasion or thoughts on the economy, you're bound to side with the president, not the book, if it hits him.
And those are just a few. What are your suggestions?