Things more unpleasant than Rep. Rangel's censure by Congress
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) recently suffered censure by the House. This censure consisted of standing in the well of the House while Speaker Nancy Pelosi reprimanded him for forty-five seconds. Most people in this position have turned to face Congress, but Rangel opted to stare at Pelosi while she was talking -- which some people might view as a form of punishment all its own. But that was it? So much hullabaloo surrounded this punishment that I was expecting something, well, a little sterner.
So cheer up, Charlie Rangel! There are lots of things worse than standing for forty-five seconds while Nancy Pelosi makes you feel guilty. Here are a few:
- Having an injury that makes it impossible for you to play piano, but you were only okay at piano to begin with.
- Shooting yourself in the foot, but missing.
- Watching the trailer for the Natalie Portman vehicle "Black Swan" but knowing you'll never actually make it to the movie.
- Attending a child's piano recital and realizing you have to say something nice about it afterwards.
- Standing in a checkout line in front of a guy who's having a really detailed personal conversation, and just when you've started to get emotionally involved, you run out of items to check out and have to leave.
- Having the vending machine reject all twenty of your dollar bills because they're damp and slightly bent.
- Sitting next to someone with perfect pitch during an Ashlee Simpson-Wentz concert
- Being a turkey who's pardoned but never gets to visit Disney World
- Standing in a light drizzle for three minutes.
- Having an itch you can scratch, but it's still unpleasantly itchy!
- Two people unfollow you on Twitter, and one of them is someone you sort of know.
- Miss incredible three-day Christmas sale at Kohls!!!
- Change channel to avoid commercials and wind up on more commercials.
- Someone gives you a fur coat you don't really want.
- Wanting to cheat on a test, but when you look at the paper of the guy next to you you notice that he's misspelled simple words like "boat" and "doubt."
- Listening to Nancy Pelosi reprimand you for a full minute.
| December 3, 2010; 4:29 PM ET
Categories: Congress, Epic Failures, Petri, Top Lists | Tags: CSPAN, Nancy Pelosi, Rangel, turkey
Save & Share: Previous: Vote for the week's wackiest moments-- live chat Friday at 11:30 ET
Next: Paintings Boehner definitely wouldn't want at the National Portrait Gallery
Posted by: purpledrank | December 3, 2010 7:00 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: divtune | December 3, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: purpledrank | December 4, 2010 9:03 AM | Report abuse