Posted at 12:40 PM ET, 02/ 8/2011

A Bristol Palin memoir? Really?

By Alexandra Petri

bristolbook.jpg

Brace yourself.

Bristol Palin is coming out with a 304-page memoir.

Three hundred four pages? That is approximately two thirds the length of the George W. Bush memoir! And George W. Bush served two terms as president of the United States, a job that forced him to make a lot of decisions while wrinkling his face in a confused fashion, sort of like a rabbit.

I can't even come up with 304 pages of things Bristol Palin has done, and I write for a living, often using a lot of unnecessary redundant nonessential words that contribute little or nothing to my sentences.

But I have to wonder if I'm responsible for this.

After all, I bought the Justin Bieber memoir. If I were a publisher, I would see this as an indication that you can fool all the people into buying anything all the time, provided that there is a large, colorful picture on the cover. This book is fully 240 pages long, but most of these pages are pictures, and one of them just consists of the words, "I'm a proud Canadian and I hope that comes through in everything I do." I'm not sure Bristol will be able to fly with that.

And I have read Bristol's writing. The last time was during the Palin Daughters Post Hurtful Things On Facebook And The Media Comments Extensively On It controversy, in which she allegedly contributed remarks such as, "Haha ya grabbing your ass huh? I just puked!! Eww and I thought you exiting this conversation?" But this was at least vaguely grammatical in contrast to her sister, Willow, who spelled "you're" "your," as used in the sentence, "Tre stfu. Your such a [homophobic slur.]"

Still, that's about it, except for the paragraphs she produced on her Facebook in response to being designated the Worst Person In the World by Keith Olbermann:

Accusing me of hypocrisy is by now, an old canard. What Mr. Olbermann lacks in originality he makes up for with insincere incredulity. Mr. Olbermann fails to understand that in order to have credibility as a spokesperson, it sometimes takes a person who has made mistakes...
I have never claimed to be perfect. If that makes me the "worst person in the world" to Mr. Olbermann, then I must apologize for not being absolutely faultless like he undoubtedly must be.

Accusing me of gratuitously mocking Bristol's prose style is, by now, an old canard. But it sounds like what would happen if an MS Word thesaurus went rogue and demolished everything in its path. Then again, her words seem to have had some effect -- now Keith Olbermann is off the air -- or, as he prefers to refer to it, "on CurrentTV." And she's the one with the memoir!

Yes, I know the memoir, as a format, is no longer sacred. Once there was a time, Neil Genzlinger wrote in the New York Times, when "unremarkable lives went unremarked upon, the way God intended." Memoirs were reserved for people like Benjamin Franklin, who not only invented the Franklin stove and bifocals, but then also went on to co-found an entire country! But these days? Not so much.

Were you a twin? Memoir! Were you... not a twin? Probably also a memoir. Did a member of your family overcome some sort of challenge, like fame, or notoriety, or having difficulty finding a publisher for his own memoir? Memoir!

And now Bristol Palin's joining the throng. And after watching Bristol for years, the only thing that America can definitely say about Bristol is that we prefer her to Levi Johnston, which, given that this distinction also extends to hubcaps and Thomas Kincade paintings, doesn't say very much. But, somehow, she got a book contract! And managed to club 304 pages of book out of the thrashing halibut of her imagination!

Maybe I should write one.

By Alexandra Petri  | February 8, 2011; 12:40 PM ET
Categories:  Petri, Reality? Television, Worst Things Ever  | Tags:  Bristol Palin, books, dancing with the stars, dead fish
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Huffington Post + AOL -- 1 + 1 = 11?
Next: Olbermann to Current TV? Has he met the neighbors?

Comments

Title: How to become a skank and get knocked up at 16.

Posted by: calif-joe | February 8, 2011 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I'll write it for her.

"I got knocked up at 16".

The End

Posted by: blarsen1 | February 8, 2011 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm thoroughly enjoying my Palin-free month thanks to Dana Milbank! And that includes all the Palins in my book.

Posted by: seaduck2001 | February 8, 2011 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Title: How I can take advantage of all the jerks that also support my mom.

Or: My piece of the pie.

Or: Turn white trash into gold.

Posted by: DrFish | February 8, 2011 1:50 PM | Report abuse

As stupid as SP (TM) is, BP (TM) is just like her--without the college (?!) education. Just imagine the profound stupidity and ignorance of those who would buy (and read!) such a tome.

Palinites are always wondering why non-Palinites read about and comment on the AK Krew--it's not because we are inflamed by their "success," it's because we need the comic relief.

Posted by: scientist1 | February 8, 2011 1:56 PM | Report abuse

One page for every time Levi tapped her in Chez Palin?

Posted by: Observer691 | February 8, 2011 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Title: My Name is Bristol Palin

Prologue: My Mama was Half-Governor of Alaska...and then I was born.

Chapter 1: Yes, I was born and then mama entered politics. Senator McCain said mama was good!

Chapter 2: I got knocked up by a knuckle headed Elementary School dropout.

Chapter 3: I promoted sexual abstenance but OMG I became pregnant but Baby Papa won't marry me.

Chapter 4: I am still an unwed mother

Chapter 5: I appeared in Mama's reality show and then it got cancelled. Tough!

Chapter 6: I almost won Dancing with the Stars. Yes, I am a Wasilla Star.

Chapter 7: Finally, I wrote this memoir.

Epilogue: America, You Ain't Seen the Last of Me, Mama or Papa yet!

Posted by: Whispers | February 8, 2011 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Ah---yet another episode of what I feel will become known as Palin brood reality comedy, aka PBRC.

Posted by: LeighOats | February 8, 2011 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I've just come from my pre-k son's parent teacher conference. She was highly complimentary of his advanced recognition of letters, sounds and his ability to put tgoether words.

I can't help but feeling he contribute mightily to Palin the younger's literary contribution to our world.

Or more accurately - he could probably edit it.

Posted by: CenterLeft | February 8, 2011 2:04 PM | Report abuse

calif-joe and blarsen. If she tells the story about how she got knocked up at 16 then maybe I would buy it because it wouldn't be a memoir it would be a tell all. It is widely rumored that she did get knocked up at 16 prior to planning a second pregnancy resulting in Tripp (who just happens to have an odd name that is the last name of her father's lover.) Was that first baby premature and suffering from FAS due to Bristol's binge drinking and drug use?

Are we sure this memoir is not a hoax? Throngs of evangelical Christians will pre-order. She is a shining example of evangelical Christanism. A girl who plans a pregancy in high school, then ditches the father and denies the son access to his dad and moves away to become a reality star. Heaven forbid the evangelical Christians have daughters who hold off on planning a baby until after completing their education and finding a guy who has a decent chance of sticking around to be a dad.

Unless this is a tell-all, I'll settle for my pre-orders of Geoffrey Dunn and Joe McGinnes's books. Bristol is having fun with her new found fortune, looks like she bought herself a chin.

Posted by: Brbr2424 | February 8, 2011 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Even more incredible -- a Bristol Palin candidacy for public office.

Posted by: Observer691 | February 8, 2011 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Does she remember delivering Trig?

Posted by: WmarkW | February 8, 2011 2:09 PM | Report abuse

More to the point...

I usually think of a memoir as the record of someone who is (A) nearer to the end of their life than the beginning, and (B) who has accomplishments worthy of reflection and commentary. Ms. Palin - and I say this with a lot of respect - doesn't really seem to have either of these qualities. This book seems to be another stepping stone to reaching celebrity status.

Posted by: GeorgeWhite1 | February 8, 2011 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I heard it was a pop up book with very colorful pictures. It helps guide single moms with bastard children.
Ohh Bristol I can't wait until she winds up on a Dr. Drew Program or something on a&e. Either heavy or intervention. At this point its 6 in one hand.....

Posted by: wynnebs | February 8, 2011 2:29 PM | Report abuse

A memoir????

Short read? Little thin pamphlet? 304 page book!!??

One must give her credit for raw courage. This literary effort will be mocked from start to finish. Whoever writes the book must be given a medal. Bets on that Bristol never reads it.

Posted by: roboturkey | February 8, 2011 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I want her to teach my daughter about abstinence so I can be a grandpa soon.

Posted by: danw1 | February 8, 2011 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Maybe she'll reveal why she can't dance.

Posted by: lddoyle2002 | February 8, 2011 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Ms. Petri, I do hope you will propose that the publisher insist that B.P.'s memoir bear the title "The Thrashing Halibut of Her Imagination."

Posted by: AnotherHagman | February 8, 2011 2:41 PM | Report abuse

"My mom and I both got knocked up ."

Posted by: borntoraisehogs | February 8, 2011 2:45 PM | Report abuse

$he's a media creation and Ms. Petri, you're the media covering her.

Posted by: whocares666 | February 8, 2011 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Please WaPo - keep the trailer trash
Palins off of your pages - there are
intelligent people out here to report on.

The Palins are losers, quitters, money-grabbing swine, and have a collective
IQ of 50?

Posted by: Sirius2 | February 8, 2011 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Please WaPo - keep the trailer trash
Palins off of your pages - there are
intelligent people out here to report on.

The Palins are losers, quitters, money-grabbing swine, and have a collective
IQ of 50?

Posted by: Sirius2 | February 8, 2011 2:52 PM | Report abuse

How many girls of color could have pulled these money makin' deals off? I am waiting for a couple of young, Black is
Beautiful, girls without health insurance and without parents who provide shelter, pregnancy care, food, plane tickets and dancing lessons and without a baby daddy who is running for mayor and being a Cover Guy! Now, there would be some real stories worth hearing, reading and telling! Let us spread the money around! Let's find some real young people who can get paid for giving baby makin'/non makin' advice - boys and girls! Add a little color to these stories. We can do it!

Posted by: judithclaire1939 | February 8, 2011 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Observe Newt Gingrich. Newt wrote books no one would read but every PAC bought them by the case, left unread. I guess Sarah is going to get rich selling her books to PAC's and Lobbysist to put on the bottom shelf and never read.

Newt Gingrich was found guilty of ethics violatiosn for committing the same act as Bristol and Sarah palin are committing while in the House. I guess you can see where the Palin's are going with regards to ehtics and morals.

Posted by: patmatthews | February 8, 2011 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I guess Sarah's ghost writer had extra time on her hands, and Bristol saw she could make an extra few dollars just like her mom. And for having a child out of wedlock.

Why can't that family just take the money they made and slink back to Alaska and leave the real Americans to do what we do. Work for a living!

Posted by: COLEBRACKETT | February 8, 2011 3:33 PM | Report abuse

A Sucker Is Born Every Minute
& Other Crap My Mother Taught Me

I was born and then I wore diapers, and used a bottle, then I potty trained and went to school, I played games, I became a teenager, I found a boyfriend, I had a baby, I danced in a contest and lost. My Mom is famous...

Posted by: AverageJane | February 8, 2011 3:38 PM | Report abuse

A Sucker Is Born Every Minute
& Other Crap My Mother Taught Me

Posted by: AverageJane | February 8, 2011 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Knock it of-- all of you. She has made good money-don't ask me how-that she could buy a house, paying cash. She has moved to somewhere near Phoenix AZ, from where she & her mom can see Mexico & enhance their knowledge of foreign affairs & they can have some affairs also & make more money. Thus she can pay a good ghost writer like her mom did twice. Who said that a memoir should contain truth about oneself? Even so she has enough "things" in her life to write about.

Posted by: sarvenk63 | February 8, 2011 3:47 PM | Report abuse

304 pgs. Thick enough to hold up the end of the double wide when a tire goes flat.

Apologies to Jeff Foxworthy

Posted by: MerrillFrank | February 8, 2011 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Writing a "memoir" huh? Just like mommy. Did she use mommy's ghostwrite too? I can hardly wait for this uneducated clan of far north hillbillies to finally use up their 15 minutes.

Posted by: jrw1 | February 8, 2011 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm proof that abstinence only education works! :D

I'm happy that Milbank is continuing his fast of all things Palin for the month of February.

Posted by: GC4Life | February 8, 2011 4:10 PM | Report abuse

What a sad little girl.

Posted by: ExConservative | February 8, 2011 4:11 PM | Report abuse

"And after watching Bristol for years, the only thing that America can definitely say about Bristol is that we prefer her to Levi Johnston"

Speak for yourself. Levi Johnston may not be the all American kid next door but he is a hell of a lot more honest than the mother of his child.

Posted by: timothy2me | February 8, 2011 4:12 PM | Report abuse

MEMO TO ALEXANDRA PETRI: Welcome to the NEW MEDIA. Using social media, anyone can write anything, at anytime 24x7. Of course, the currency of social media is a friendly "fan" base.

Books (i.e. Memoirs) are "old school", unless you can get a copy from Amazon for reading on your Kindle.

For folks (like me) who keep up with these blog things (all things reported by Wa Po), it is hard to find enough "filler" to, you know, write more than a few sentences. But, of course, this is more than one might write on Twitter (240 character limit).

But back to Bristol. She was, of course, on Dancing with the Stars. She made it thru to the final round. She could have been knocked out at any time because her dancing was awkward. No doubt, her "fan" base kept voting for her to advance to the final round. And no doubt, the TV network used her "celebrity" to bring in advertising revenues.

Which bring us back to her "memoir" book. The publisher is no doubt attempting to cash in on her "celebrity" sales appeal. I suppose you can't blame anyone for this. Any "celebrity" must work hard at keeping up appearances. Just look at Paris Hilton!

Maybe Bristol is the anti-Paris? Where Paris flaunts her celebrity, Bristol shows us a virtuous life style has some rewards, too. In a world where so many kids drop out, are unemployeed, and starting a family it is easy to see how Bristol might "just do it". She is an entreprenuer of sorts.

Her "sales value" might be what some kids are looking for. There are plenty of kids who have no parental guidance, turn to drugs as an escape from despair, and even commit suicide. If Bristol might reach a few kids, and give then some hope, then there is no harm in her "sales pitch".

At least we can all rest assured that Bristol is under the watchful eye of her mother. Her mother has made plain that she will not accept any "nanny state" assistance. So the Palin girls will continue to sell their version of the "virtue".

And if the Facebook "wall" is any indication of popularity and approval, the Palin girls are on top of the situation in Wasilla. There can be no mistaking of Bristol's popularity with teens. An unwanted child is not the best way to finish a teen's life, but Bristol (with the strong support of her mother) is trying to make "lemonade from oranges".

So Ms. Petri, writing "tongue in cheek" about Bristol is questionable, and perhaps borders on absurdity. When you compare her memoir to say, Benjamin Franklin (author of Poor Richard's Almanac) founder of this great country, you might remember "experience is a poor man's school, but a fool will learn in no other". That is, Bristol's teen experience is too often repeated by girls, who "just want to have fun".

Well, I have nearly consumed my "character limit" for this nifty blog. So I must sign off with, "this is a blog about absolutely nothing". Kinda like that Seinfeld episode, "a TV show about nothing". Isn't THE SOCIAL NETWORK / NEW MEDIA about nothing

Posted by: rmorris391 | February 8, 2011 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Madame Ovary?

Posted by: Skowronek | February 8, 2011 4:20 PM | Report abuse

OMG - are we going to have to endure the family of $ara Palin? They are like locust!

Posted by: rbsher | February 8, 2011 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Meh! How can you blame her? If the American public is stupid enough to pay $ for her memoir (or if a publisher is stupid enough to pay $ for her memoir), why not? My life is unremarkable enough, but if someone came along and said they'd give me a million bucks to tell it, I'd say sure. I've bored people for years for free. Why not do it for money?

Posted by: gasmonkey | February 8, 2011 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Only in America!

Posted by: deepthroat21 | February 8, 2011 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Mama Grizz mentored her cubs well - as long as the gud-fearing, well-paying audience is there, Palins will always be gainfully employed.

Posted by: USA4ALL | February 8, 2011 4:36 PM | Report abuse

A Bristol Palin memoir, well that one ought to be thinner than the book titled "The Wit and Wisdom of George W. Bush"

Although I'm not sure you can have a negative number of pages.

Posted by: larryclyons | February 8, 2011 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Page one:

Dear Dairy,

[Thinks: Scrub that. My spellcheck flags it, but I dunno why. Try again. My mom says I must do this right, all the way from the beginning.]

Dear Diary,

[Thinks: That's better. Clear round from the spellcheck.]

[. . .]

Posted by: LeighOats | February 8, 2011 4:51 PM | Report abuse

You guys don't know the Bristol I know. The Bristol I know has been driving around Wasilla in a Black $60k Cadillac SUV with spinning rims.

Posted by: 5inchtaint | February 8, 2011 5:05 PM | Report abuse

She is laughing all the way to the bank. She loves the publicity. The WAPO has fallen into the trap.

Posted by: sportsfan2 | February 8, 2011 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Bristol is everything you hope your daughter won't grow up to be but she did have a self-centered negligent mother and this is the reult.

Posted by: withersb | February 8, 2011 5:14 PM | Report abuse

The kid will be "laughing all the way to the bank".

There is a hardcore group of "Palanites" who will buy anything the Palins put out. The group is large enough to make it profitable to market anything "Palin".

Sarah will never be elected to any office but will stay on her present ride long enough to become a multi-millionaire.

She first showed that she has a nose for the buck when she "fleeced" the McCain expense account.

Posted by: WESHS49 | February 8, 2011 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Yep, if Snookie can write one, I suppose she thinks she rates too. This family is a nasty reality show but hey, so long as it churns dollars, they will sell their private souls to the highest bidder. I think it should all be out there in time for 2012. Then again, we'd be so immersed in the personal travails of this family that there would be nothing serious debated. Then again, it could be a fun election season.

Posted by: sassafrasnewport | February 8, 2011 5:26 PM | Report abuse

_____________
I am no fan of Newt but even this is far fetched. At least Newt is intelligent and has some "history" to write about. As far as crimes and punishments, you're off there too. Sarah isn't smart enough to commit a crime. Then again, one could surmise that opening her mouth and displaying her lack of intelligence at ten decibels is a crime.

Posted by: sassafrasnewport | February 8, 2011 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Maybe the book will detail everything she's ever eaten.

Posted by: arancia12 | February 8, 2011 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Bristol has learned carnival huckstery well from her mother. Hilariously, millions of Right Wingers will be in line to buy this garbage.

Posted by: ExConservative | February 8, 2011 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Unless somebody has lived an extraordinary life, the idea of someone under age 45 or 50 writing a memoir is laughable. It's hard to understand the significance of various things you experience before you reach an age where you can put things in perspective. Somebody Palin's age does not have that perspective yet.

Posted by: CAmira5 | February 8, 2011 5:37 PM | Report abuse

This is a joke,right?

Posted by: kimL1 | February 8, 2011 5:49 PM | Report abuse

A great title for your column might be PETRI DISH. Is there anyone in the entire Palin gene pool who isn't an idiot? Who?

Posted by: rbmurals | February 8, 2011 5:51 PM | Report abuse

As long as there are people less intelligent than you, "milk the cow.'

Posted by: fasm7700 | February 8, 2011 6:01 PM | Report abuse

I want to thank you for promoting Bristol Palin's book. The publicity is great for both her and the publisher.

Perhaps there will be a day when you and those of your ilk cease trying to destroy a 20 year old that made a mistake and is now trying her best to provide for her son and her own well being. It is pretty small for the likes of the Washington Post and its staff of writers to spend sooooo much time trying to destroy her. I mean really really small.

Posted by: AnAmerican5 | February 8, 2011 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Bristol + Snooki = Armageddon

Posted by: SportzNut21 | February 8, 2011 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Well. I give her credit for realizing she needs to publish it now. In 50 years when she's old, the entire grifting Palin clan will have faded from our memories.

Posted by: lcrider1 | February 8, 2011 6:26 PM | Report abuse

What do you care? Don't buy it. Another sufferer of Palin Derangement Syndrome.

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | February 8, 2011 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Hey! I thought Dana (Milicent) Milbank swore off his Palin addiction!

Posted by: IanFranks | February 8, 2011 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Let us put this Palin spectacle and farce fully and completely at the feet of the one person responsibly for this tragedy: John McCain! He nominated an unqualified and irresponsible person for the office of Vice President and the hubris and narcissism not only of Sarah, but all her family who have any interest in the public eye has infected us like a cyst the size of one's head on one's buttocks.

And, it is not disgusting to read this family defend their poor judgment and expectations, but of that of the sizeable minority of American people who will follow and rally endlessly with this morally corrupt family all off the cliff to their glee and excitement!

I'm beginning to wonder who I should worry about more, the mother or her misguided and growingly corrupt clan!

Posted by: Joelhassfam4 | February 8, 2011 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Is it a coloring book?

Posted by: wiz_fan | February 8, 2011 7:00 PM | Report abuse

If it weren't for the Palins we'd have no right wing humor at all. The one good thing about them is they are providing employment for an entire generation of ghost writers.

Posted by: Freethotlib | February 8, 2011 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Chapter Seven: We, Like, Do It

Outside the blizzard howled and sleet beat upon the windows of the secluded cabin Levi knew about. It may have been cold as Anne Coulter's heart outside, but inside there was a growing warmth, and I'm, like, not talking about the fire burning in the fireplace. I could see its flames flickering in Levi's eyes.

"They say we're young and we don't know," I told him. "We won't find out until we grow."

"Well, I don't know if all that's true, 'cause you got me, and, baby, I got you," he said, taking me in his arms and hungrily kissing me.

I broke away from him, breathless. "They say our love won't pay the rent. Before it's earned, our money's all been spent."

He began to unbutton his shirt. "I guess that's so, we don't have a lot. But at least I'm sure of all the things we got."

"But Levi, it's so wrong!" I exclaimed.

He turned away suddenly, knowing what I had said was true. "Young girl, get out of my mind. My love for you is way out of line. Better run girl, you're much too young girl."

"Oh, Levi!" I blurted out. "I don't know what to do!"

"So hurry home to your Mama Grizzly. I'm sure she wonders where you are. Get out of here before I have the time to change my mind, cause I'm afraid we'll go too far!"

"Oh, oh!" I exclaimed. I had never been more confused about what to do. I knew it was wrong...but I, like, rilly wanted it, you know?

"You come on like a dream, peaches and cream, lips like strawberry wine" he whispered, drawing me into his manly arms. "You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine."

"Oh, Levi, you mad fool!" I re-blurted. But he pressed onward.

"You're my baby, you're my pet, we fell in love on the night we met. You touched my hand, my heart went pop, and, ooh, when we kissed, I could not stop."

"Oh, Levi! What about last night?"

"Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: We're doing it right here on the floor."

"But, Levi, no, I... I... "

"Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what you'd have to look forward to if you stay here? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up on the Ricky Lake show."

"You're saying this only to make me go."

"I'm saying it because it's true," Levi said, nibbling my ear lobe, his strong arms enfolding and refudiating everything I'd said.

"But what about us?"

"We'll always have Wasilla. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Fairbanks. We got it back last night."

"When I said I would never leave you."

"And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Bristol, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of two unmarried teenagers don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that."

I felt his nimble fingers begin to unbutton my blouse...

Posted by: curmudgeon6 | February 8, 2011 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Has this family NO shame? Or self-respect? Or decency? Or personal ethics? Or absolutely ANYTHING of redeeming value other than a keen grasp of the value of terminal greed and conning gullible "induuuuhviduals"?

Posted by: Bushwhacked1 | February 8, 2011 8:14 PM | Report abuse

mccain we will never forgive you for this.
there are a few unwed mothers in this world who has had challenges and hurdles to overcome who could not only write a memoir but alas read it too.
i only hope that somewhwere in her tome she will tell about being an unwed mother twice.

Posted by: ninnafaye | February 8, 2011 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Here's the real shocker: She hired Snooki as her ghost writer.

Posted by: dshepherd2 | February 9, 2011 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Curmudgeon,

Because of you, I have broken my anti-Palin fast! Hysterical, I applaude your literary genius. BTW - when did you sign on to do write the book? You should have let us know you were on this *ahem* project...

Posted by: anonymouslurker | February 9, 2011 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Curmudgeon, fer shur, fer shur, fer shur!

Posted by: arancia12 | February 9, 2011 12:16 PM | Report abuse