The Crime Scene - To Serve and Inform

Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 10:02 AM ET, 02/ 3/2011

Elderly woman burned in MoCo fire

By Allison Klein
Allison Klein

Montgomery County rescue workers pulled an elderly woman from her apartment when it caught fire Wednesday night, officials said.

She was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries. The fire, ignited by a burning cigarette in her bed, started about 11 p.m., officials said.

The four-level apartment building in the 13500 block of Georgia Avenue was evacuated for about an hour. The fire was contained to one apartment, and the rest of the residents were able to return to their homes.

By Allison Klein  | February 3, 2011; 10:02 AM ET
Categories:  Allison Klein, Fires & Fire Safety, Montgomery  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Customer calling for pizza hears robbery
Next: Man ordered fast food, robbed restaurants

No comments have been posted to this entry.

Post a Comment

We encourage users to analyze, comment on and even challenge washingtonpost.com's articles, blogs, reviews and multimedia features.

User reviews and comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions.




characters remaining

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company