Judge: Michaele Salahi ducked $4,000 hair salon bill

Allison Klein

In May 2007, Tareq and Michaele Salahi -- who may or may not have been invited to the White House state dinner last week -- were just days away from hosting their inaugural America's Polo match.

Michaele Salahi called high-end hair stylist Christophe Jouenne with an urgent request, Jouenne said.

She needed an appointment right away to update her long blond hair extensions, no matter the cost. Jouenne, who specializes in such hair procedures, had human hair overnighted to his Georgetown salon, and at her insistence, worked from 7 p.m. until midnight on her now-famous locks, he said.

"It was a lot of hair," Jouenne recalled in an interview this week.

The cost: $4,000. Jouenne is still waiting to be paid, according to a court filing in Arlington General District Court.

Five months after Michaele Salahi allegedly ducked out on the bill, Jouenne sued for the money, and the following month a judge sided with him. The Salahis and their lawyer Paul Gardner could not immediaely be reached for comment Wednesday.

Around the time of the judgment, Jouenne ran into Michaele Salahi at a breast cancer event he hosted in downtown Washington. She ran up and gave him a huge hug, he said.

“She had the audacity to jump at my neck like I was her best friend,” Jouenne said. “When I told her she owed me, she played ignorant and said she would extend me the check. Of course, I never heard from her after that.”

He said Salahi still has the same hair style, but he does not know where she gets it done now.

-- Allison Klein

By Allison Klein  |  December 2, 2009; 1:05 PM ET
Categories:  Allison Klein , Arlington , Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Getaway driver flips on robbers, police say
Next: New directions ahead for Peaceholics co-founders

Comments

What utter sleaze. Stop paying attention to this cheap pair of shysters.

Posted by: JCinBelgium | December 2, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Whether or not they crashed the White House, it is evident that these two are just sad. I couldn't imagine being such an empty person that I would go through such lengths for people to think that I was important.

Posted by: EShine | December 2, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

no surprise. how quickly did they run daddy's winery into bankruptcy, leave hundreds of thousands of unpaid bills to mere working people and stiff their "charity." calling them pond scum is an insult to scum.

Posted by: george32 | December 2, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

There is a lesson out here folks. There are sleaze-bags all over the place. Watch carefully and you can help protect yourself from being duped by people like the Salahi's.

Posted by: blankspace | December 2, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Those two con artists are nothing but trash. Glad to see their house of cards falling apart in front of the whole country. I'm sure a formal investigation is just around the corner.

Posted by: islandhopper24 | December 2, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Sign the petition to stop the production of Real Housewives of DC.

Posted by: madflava | December 2, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Christophe, you are out $4K. These slimebags are serial grifters. I think what has come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: wobbleman47 | December 2, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

THESE TWO ARE REALLY REALLY TRUE "GRIFTERS" AREN'T THEY? I MEAN THEY HAVE THE SCAMS AND DENIALS AND THE COUNTER-SUITS AND THE REMORSE LANGUAGE DOWN PAT!

OH, DON'T EVER SAY THESE TWO AREN'T TRUE WASHINGTONIANS-HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK THEY'VE SURVIVED AS WELL AS THEY HAVE, HUH? THEY KNOW WASHINGTON, AND THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE WASHINGTON INSIDER GAME LIKE NO OTHERS-YOU GOTTA GIVE THEM ALL THE CREDIT IN THE WORLD FOR THAT-LOVE IT!

Posted by: schmetterlingtoo | December 2, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

The Congressional Black Caucus issued a press release describing how these two were asked to leave the formal dinner at the last CBC conference in September. They were asked for their dinner tickets before being seated and didn't have any. Then they were asked to leave.

Posted by: Rayr | December 2, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Why is the Post using as its style in this instance the "may or may not have been inivted," line? It has been established by the Secret Service, state dinner protocol and the emails that they were not invited. It has been said again and again, if you're invited, you get a nice, engraved, paper invite sent by US mail. These folks were not invited, weren't on the list---why is this becoming some sort of "alleged" thing?

Posted by: lindsaycurren | December 2, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

AGREED, LINDSAY, I WAS THINKING THAT TOO-THERE IS NO "ALLEGED" ABOUT IT, POST-THE TWO DID NOT HAVE THE INVITE-IT WASN'T IN MICHAELE'S PURSE-THEY WERE NOT ON THE LIST, AND WERE NOT INVITED-SO LOSE THE "ALLEGED" BIT, WILL YA-THEY WERE NOT ON THE LIST OF INVITES-PERIOD! SHEESH!

Posted by: schmetterlingtoo | December 2, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

I read she spent pretty much all day at the beauty salon before the White House dinner, but her hair (at least to me) was not styled at all. It just hung down.

How about a simple bun or something?

Posted by: swissmiss150 | December 2, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Ms. Klein,

I am sure you need to work like most of us do. But could you please find another topic, other than this couple and their dealings, to write about? To follow them further is to render them assistance in their campaign of self-promotion.

Articles about them may bring in revenue: however, they are not about journalism. Rather, they are about sensationalism.

Ask yourself this. Are any further stories about this couple truly newsworthy? If your answer is yes then it will say as much about you as the Salahi's.

Thank you.

Posted by: brwntrt | December 2, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Enough. About. The. Tuxedo. Trash.

Posted by: wmpowellfan | December 2, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I guess Michaele will now have to pay COD (all 14 bucks or whatever) @ the local run down stripmall Hair Cuttery for all future work.

Posted by: welshtr5 | December 2, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

These dbags are killing me. Lock them up and throw away they key. They are celebrity-wannabe scum beyond anything I have ever seen before, including every reality tv “star” ever. $4,000 for hair styling is insane. I doubt I’ll spend that total on haircuts in my WHOLE LIFE.

Posted by: miknugget | December 2, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

They are mix between Spheidi and Madoff. What pieces of Sh*T

Posted by: shoreterp1 | December 2, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

welsh-that cracked me up! THAT'S RIGHT-MICHELE WILL HAVE TO BE DOING ALL COD FROM NOW ON OUT-YOU THINK HAIR CUTTERY DOES COLOR? HA HA HA HA!

Posted by: schmetterlingtoo | December 2, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

PS IF I WERE PAUL GARDNER, LAWYER, I'D BE STEPPING BACK, WAAAAY BACK FROM THESE TWO GRIFTERS-HE CAN'T BE DOING HIS LAW PRACTICE ANY GOOD BY CONTINUING TO STICK UP FOR THEM-HIS CREDIBILITY IS ON THE LINE AS WELL, AND WHEN YOU'RE A LAWYER, YOUR CREDIBILITY IS ALL YOU GOT-IT'S THE MAIN THING!

Posted by: schmetterlingtoo | December 2, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

So... Old chick is bald headed too...? These people are truly sick. The sad part is $4,000 went for a hairdo that is pretty bland. I smell bacon because that booty is cooked. They're going to jail.

Posted by: TheWoolyWookie | December 2, 2009 6:16 PM | Report abuse