The Crime Scene - To Serve and Inform

Posted at 2:16 PM ET, 02/14/2011

Woman charged in Md. shooting death

By Allison Klein
Allison Klein

Charles County police have arrested a woman in the shooting death of a man she had allegedly been arguing with in an apartment.

Eric Lamont Washington, 44, of Bryans Road, was killed after being shot at 3:30 a.m. Sunday in an apartment in the 4100 block of Indian Head Highway. He was pronounced dead on the scene, police said.

Jackson. (Charles Co. Police)

As officers arrived at the scene, they were flagged down by a witness who said the alleged shooter was trying to leave in her car. Police stopped the car and arrested Latronda Marie Jackson, 33, of Bryans Road.

Police said Jackson and Washington were in a bedroom at an acquaintance's apartment when Washington was killed. Detectives recovered drugs, drug paraphernalia and a handgun from the scene, police said.

Jackson was charged with first-degree murder.

By Allison Klein  | February 14, 2011; 2:16 PM ET
Categories:  Allison Klein, Charles, Homicide
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Girls approached at Pr. William bus stops
Next: Officer to be tried on assault charges in Md.

Comments

i can see by the photo charles county has really gone the way of pg

Posted by: slick3 | February 14, 2011 3:22 PM | Report abuse

For those of you who complain about your driver's license photo...how would you like to have this out there?

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | February 14, 2011 4:11 PM | Report abuse

The photo says it all.

Posted by: fizzlechip | February 14, 2011 6:43 PM | Report abuse

In looking at this mug shot I imagine, that these were probably productive folks who got caught up in drugs.....I think we never know what will happen to our babies....remember bring them home in blue or pink blankets...putting them through private schools and the best life money could buy..only for them to fall in love with or get caught up in things we could never imagine. I pray for the parents of these two, as well as for them. Folks you just don't know; just hope for the best.

Posted by: Pstacy | February 14, 2011 6:54 PM | Report abuse

@Pstacy, I concur!!

Posted by: agraves300@gmail.com | February 15, 2011 7:37 AM | Report abuse

PStacy, I get the sentiment in your post, but this is a story about a 33 and a 44 year-old. If anything, I'd be worried that they have kids of their own that are now irreparably damaged.

Posted by: mddave | February 15, 2011 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Something I just will never understand about drugs and the people who use them: You have no idea what you're taking into your body when using drugs. Why would you risk using them?
The FDA can't even keep tainted food out of the nation's food supplies and that's WITH a certain degree of control. Lord only knows what people are smoking, snorting or injecting into themselves.

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | February 15, 2011 9:45 AM | Report abuse

@slick3- not sure what you mean
@Pstacy-that's deep; sad. ameen (amen)

Posted by: woolyhatkat | February 15, 2011 9:47 AM | Report abuse

I know this girl personally. I went to school with her. She was always a sweet and caring and loving person. She always had a smile on her face and lit up the room when ever she walked in. From reading this article and hearing the stories this doesn't sound like her. Maybe she was pushed to her limits and just snapped. Maybe it was because of abuse who knows. But deep down I know her soul and shes no killer.

Posted by: firefighter777 | February 16, 2011 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Its so sad...Nobody deserves this....My heart goes out to both families.

Posted by: ltrayn3607 | February 18, 2011 3:39 PM | Report abuse