Baltimore police sued after man's killing
The mother of a man who was shot to death by Baltimore County police has filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against six officers and the county government.
Gwendolyn Cann claims officers used excessive force when they fired more than 70 bullets at her 25-year-old son, Taevon Cann. He died on Feb. 29, 2008.
Police said at the time that officers opened fire after Cann tried to ram one of them with his car.
Gwendolyn Cann is seeking at least $30 million in damage.
The lawsuit was filed last week in U.S. District Court in Baltimore. Police spokesman Cpl. Michael Hill says the department can't comment on the lawsuit until it's been adjudicated.
-- The Baltimore Sun
Posted by: ronjaboy | August 17, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: shadon1 | August 17, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org | August 17, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: bobby31 | August 17, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse