Boiling water used in Md. attack: Police

A man has been left badly burned after four people poured scalding water over his back and genitals before barricading him naked in an Indian Head home, Charles County authorities said.

The suspects were arrested and charged Monday in the attack, apparently sparked over an unwelcome sexual advance, according to charging documents.

“It’s kind of very disturbing what they did,” said Diane Richardson, a spokeswoman for the Charles County Sheriff’s office.

The sequence of events that led to the June 8 assault allegedly started with an act of kindness, according to charging documents. The victim, a 44-year-old man whose name was not released, had come to the home of his cousin, Nicole Robinson, 35, to cheer her up over a recent breakup with her husband.

The pair spent the day drinking in her home in the 4400 block of Strauss Avenue, according to the documents. Also at the home were Robinson’s son Terry Phillips, 18, his girlfriend Ka Daffia Fredia Muir, 19, and Robinson’s godson Matthew Jones, 18.

At some point, everyone retreated to bedrooms and the man fell asleep on a couch. About 2 a.m., police said, the group returned and began beating the victim as he slept.

One of the attackers was shouting that the man had made a pass at Muir, according to the documents. The attackers then poured boiling water over his back, stripped off his pants and underwear and left him curled on the floor as they went to boil another pot, the documents said.

The second pot was poured over his genitals, thighs and stomach, police said.

As the man lay on the floor, the suspects locked his clothes in a bedroom, removed the knob from the front door and barricaded a rear door with furniture, according to the documents. Then they went back to bed.

Police said the man was able to find clothes and escape by dislodging the furniture from the rear door. He called a friend who took him to a hospital, where doctors admitted him with second and third degree burns over between 30 and 40 percent of his body, police said.

Robinson, Phillips, Muir, and Jones all have been charged with first-degree assault.

-- Mike McPhate

By Washington Post editors  |  June 18, 2010; 11:58 AM ET
Categories:  Charles  | Tags: Charles County, indian head
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Burglar in ski mask caught in the act
Next: Two charged in Md. rock throwing

Comments

Animals not humans are born every minutes of the day!

Posted by: camty | June 18, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

What a sick, sadistic bunch.

Posted by: ceefer66 | June 18, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Animals would never do something like this.

Posted by: novakind | June 18, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

The moral of the story is NEVER EVER EVER EVER get involved with any woman who started having kids at 17.

Posted by: MACCHAMPS04 | June 18, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Assault? Really? Boiling water burns like fire- I know, I've been there. These animals should be tried for attempted murder and locked in a cage for the rest of their useless lives.

Posted by: notablanda2000 | June 18, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

They are sub-humans.

Posted by: DecafDrinker | June 18, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

What is wrong with people?!

Posted by: ctree | June 18, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Ka Daffia Fredia Muir

Posted by: slim4 | June 18, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Kind of very disturbing?! What does this woman consider disturbing?! This is absolutely horrible and I can't believe that they have only been charged with first degree assault. This man will be scarred for the rest of his life. I hope they get charged with more than first degree assault.

Posted by: FFXMom | June 18, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Brutal, simply brutal. Why didn't they just put him out?

Posted by: mossmillennium | June 18, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

ffxmom, i'm with you on the "kind" of disturbing. It's absolutely disturging and unconscionable. I know I'm not like most, and I guess in the end I'd regret it, but if anyone did this to me I'd go to the hospital for treatment and as soon as I was able I'd go hang out with the crew again, and I'd bring a 12 gauge shotgun and a .45 with plenty of shells and clips. They wouldn't have to worry about the charges, hiring a lawyer or anything else. They'd boil a lot more water, but none of it would touch me. Wanna play you sick pieces of human excrement? Let's do it. absolute pondscum

Posted by: red2million | June 18, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

So it wasn't enough to throw the man out or step outside and handle it like a man...oh, that right, these crackbabies don't know what manhood is cause momma can't teach THAT. Boiling water is akin to hot grits (Al Green) and that's what WOMEN do.

Posted by: kahlua87 | June 18, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Come on here this bunch was drinking and I am pretty sure they all were including the 18 and 19 yr olds and one claims that homeboy made an advance. If he was sleeping on the couch when did he do this? With being drunk he probably was sleeping on the couch with gentials exposed and the chick got hot and wanted a little something something and he gave no response. More than likely the chick was lying and probably was mad that he hadn't made an advance and started this foolishness.

Thank and praise god that this man survived and will live to tell the horrible story that will lock all these crazy fools up!!

I tell you people have gone crazy!! To pour scalding hot water continously on someone and think it was okay and then keep him from getting help? They probably had intended to kill dude and with his strength and common sense he was able to escape.

An Eye For An Eye they all need to have at least one part of their bodies burned with scalding hot water to know how their victim felt when they were pouring it on him. This is just so horrible and sad.

Posted by: msruby36 | June 18, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

PCP comes in both powder and liquid forms, but typically it is sprayed onto leafy material such as cannabis, mint, oregano, parsley, or ginger leaves, then smoked. I would bet my last dipper that the girl had rocks in her head, too.

Posted by: mlombre69 | June 18, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

"animals" (the 4 legged kind) have better manners than that.

Posted by: bronxace | June 18, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Zombie-torture-type stuff. Hey, Charles County inbreds, what do you expect. The broad that was "advanced" upon is probably a big fat inbred buffarillo wwho sleeps with her father that only WISHES someone besides her toothless boyfriend would hit on her.

Charles County. Charles County. Charles County.

Posted by: JamesChristian | June 18, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

My stomach turned reading this... How sick do you have to be to do this?!?!? What bothers me most is that it takes TIME to boil water, so they made the CONSCIOUS CHOICE to do this... HORRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sigmagrrl | June 18, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

LOL! at JamesChristian!! buffarillo!

Posted by: PepperDr | June 18, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

I just wanna know what kind of name is Ka Daffia Fredia? Is that Klingon?

Posted by: martintomsal | June 18, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

These are not animals. Animals don't behave this disgustingly. Animals have dignity. These people are trash. They belong in a barrel without a key.

Posted by: FiatBooks | June 18, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

This is absolutely terrible. Interestingly enough, often when I read horrible things that have occured in Prince George's County, the overwhelming comments are "well that's PG for you." Looks like this one happened in Charles. Funny...I wonder why I never read those comments about any other region in Maryland. People who behave worse than animals can be found anywhere...obviously.

Posted by: jennjen | June 18, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

I stand corrected. I should have said that I "hardly ever" read harsh comments about other Maryland counties.

Posted by: jennjen | June 18, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

H - H - HOT ,H - H - HOT , Damn Hot , Crotch-Pot cookin'

Posted by: JadedCynic | June 19, 2010 2:00 AM | Report abuse

Wow ... almost unbelievable. If I were reading a fictional story containing this action, I would think, no way.

Posted by: sotiredofit | June 19, 2010 6:11 AM | Report abuse

The "buffarillo" is actually only 115 lb so I suppose that makes her an Orangutan-ette?

Chip in.

Posted by: Etek | June 19, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Their behavior is truly Barbaric , While I was locked-up for over a year for D.U.I., fellow road-crew inmate from the southern Maryland Pre-Release facility in Hughesville (southern Charles county) spoke of an attack at the jail where one inmate poured the HOT water from the 100 cup coffee maker, over another inmate. Even he did not strip the guy and pour it on his "junk". I would label these wanna-be Lorena Bobbits as non-human ,and should be castrated and or fistulated , rendering their reproductive organs impotent & barren. That, and years in jail , and millions in damages.

Posted by: JadedCynic | June 19, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Truly sad and truly sick!

But after a night of drinking....

Posted by: Badger21 | June 19, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse