Car searches over, Montgomery police seeking heist suspect

Dan Morse

UPDATE: Montgomery police looking for the robbery suspect have called off their car-to-car search. The developing investigation shows the armored truck driver was robbed by a man with a shotgun inside the bank.

ORIGINAL POST: Montgomery Police are making car-to-car checks after a man armed with a shotgun tried to rob an armored truck driver in a shopping center next to the sprawling Leisure World retirement community.

"They're stopping every car that's moving in the area," Cpl. Dan Friz, a Montgomery police spokesman, said at 12:45 p.m.

Police are looking for a suspect on foot, and are concerned he could have carjacked someone or is hiding in or under a car. No injuries have been reported, Friz said.

A Dunbar armored truck apparently was parked outside a Wachovia bank branch when the driver was approached. Police only have a general description at this point: Black male, 25 to 30 years old, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds and possibly wearing a black jacket. Police ask anyone in the area with information to call 911.

-- Dan Morse

By Dan Morse  |  December 23, 2009; 4:25 PM ET
Categories:  Dan Morse , Montgomery
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ohio woman calls police on 6-year-old daughter
Next: Montgomery County crime totals continue to fall

Comments

A black man as a suspect? I'm sure the Dunbar guard is just being racist.....

Posted by: WildBill1 | December 23, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I am sure the brother got the idea from the movie Armored. Hey brother get a job ...another black man between 25-30 going to jail. Mr. Obama cannot help you.

Posted by: nativeva1 | December 23, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

The guard isn't but you are...maybe you should look inward to see WHY you made such a stupid comment in the first place

Posted by: kahlua87 | December 23, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Obama's america..

Posted by: wewinyoulose | December 23, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Going for the so-called easy money. They always get caught. Sooner or later. He'll have something else to add to his already lengthy (I'm sure) rap sheet.

How come some people don't mind working for a living & some people do?

Posted by: uncivil | December 23, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Just anotha brotha needing some money to "feed his babies" at home.

Posted by: pookey12 | December 23, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

NEWS ALERT!!
nativeva1 and WildBill1 Has been located on this WAPO Post a Comment Line!!
These cowards are Reported as being Very Racist Posters!! Be On The Look Out For Any And All Racial Slurs Made By These Posters!!
nativeva1 and WildBill1 are Reported As Being Cowards and a Losers!!
More Information To Follow!!

Posted by: FatzOne | December 23, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I challenge the WOPO to examine these two posters comments!! If I am wrong I will Apologize!!

Posted by: FatzOne | December 23, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Some people love to use the word "racist" as often as they can. Everybody is a racist.

Posted by: uncivil | December 23, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FatzOne | December 23, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse
______________

I challenge FatzOne to abide by the First Amendment......

Posted by: WildBill1 | December 23, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FatzOne | December 23, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse
______________

I challenge FatzOne to abide by the First Amendment......

Posted by: WildBill1 | December 23, 2009 4:29 PMThe First Amendment do not give you the right to be out right hateful bigots!!
It says that you can say what you please but it also says that I can call you out on it!!!!

Posted by: FatzOne | December 23, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

The First Amendment do not give you the right to be out right hateful bigots!!

Posted by: FatzOne | December 23, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

FatzOne is related to the perp. "Black male" narrows it down. I don't hate Obama. He's black. I voted for him. I'm glad he's our President. It's not skin color. It's BEHAVIOR. Would I mind if Obama moved in next door to me after he "retired" from the Presidency? NO. Do I want a Blood/Crip/thug/drug dealer/gangsta? NO.

Why do some blacks defend black criminals? What have these thugs ever done for the black community? Who do you think is shooting black men? Other black men. It usually isn't Whitey. Blacks are destroying their own neighborhoods/communities.

Posted by: uncivil | December 23, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FatzOne

____________________________________________

I challenge Fatboy to get your head out of the area where the sun doesn't shine. The other guys are simply stating fact. Most violent crimes in this area are committed by black men.

Posted by: MKadyman | December 23, 2009 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Strictly speaking, mkadyman, _most_ violent crimes in the area are not committed by black men. Blacks are perps in just under half. But even given that, the percentage of blacks in the population who are law abiding is in the high 90s.

But I am not posting to split statistical hairs. I do not care if _every other black man in the area_ is a violent felon. I am not, so you do not have the right or privilege to discriminate against me with regards to anything. And you sure will not lay some guilt trip on me for something done by others to whom I am not even related. Society is just as responsible for black criminals as it is for white criminals. And last I looked, we don't blame Dems for Dem crooks or Repubs for GOP crooks or women for female crooks (they do commit crimes and their numbers are growing).

As to the previous commenter, I have _never_ seen blacks _defend_ black criminals. Ever. A black man that takes issue with a blanket accusation of criminal proclivity among blacks is not defending black criminals. A black man who points out that whites rob, steal, rape and kill is not defending black criminals.

Posted by: gbooksdc | December 24, 2009 12:25 AM | Report abuse

I am damn(darn?) tired of the comments that pop up in every crime story in the WaPo. Always black-this, hispanic-that, MS-13 Mexicans are gonna eat your babies! But we're not racist or anything. We're just telling it like it is. In our own heads. We'll jump to any sort of conclusion as long as it fits our needs....

It's time to stop trying to defend your position and just admit it and promote it.

You are a racist. A xenophobe. A tribesman. You naturally think the worst about people that aren't quite like you. Sure, you might not approve of wearing a white sheet and hood, well, maybe you do. Just admit it.

Seriously, when you've trolled around every article and commented about how all these people(that aren't white) commit all these crimes and how they're the reason everything is wrong in this world... Well, yeah, that makes you a racist. Don't pretend otherwise when you get called out.

Stop tying to play the victim when you're called a racist. Stand up and shout it from the gallows! You might as well stand for what you stand for.

Posted by: NotForYou1 | December 24, 2009 2:15 AM | Report abuse

He is just getting what the goverment takes from us every payday

Posted by: FrankMonzon | December 24, 2009 6:56 AM | Report abuse

1st Amendment? Are you kidding me? This is a privately owned website, paid for by a privately owned company.

The only rules that apply here are theirs.

1st Amendment...if I had a dollar for every kook who used this lame excuse on a message board, I could retire.

Fools.

Posted by: keithrjackson | December 24, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

Poorly written story. Did the suspect get any money?

Posted by: SofaKingCool2009 | December 24, 2009 7:09 AM | Report abuse

"And you sure will not lay some guilt trip on me for something done by others to whom I am not even related."

Truer words were never spoken, so please stop blaming me for slavery and for the reason that SOME black people do not aspire to rise above the ghetto conditions in which they are living!

Thank You!

Posted by: joejack65 | December 24, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Excuse me. Just stopping by to see if there was any intelligent debate going on here. Hmmmm. I see not. Oh well. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on. Gotta run.

Posted by: dlpetersdc | December 24, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

JoeJack65 & others who believe that ghettos are primarily populated by Blacks need a lesson on who, in america, actually live in ghettos (or trailer parks). Here is an eye opener, most of americas poor - those receiveing social service benefits, living in public housing, committing crimes, and on drugs are White. And that is a fact. Do some research.

Take yourself to the areas that are populated primarily by White people, and not inner cities, and you will get an eye opener. If you choose to see. Some people are delusional, and yes - racist. Deal with facts, all facts, and not your desire for undue & unearned privelege or your obvious dreams of superiority. It is a fact, not a biased guess, that White people make up most of americas poor, and are the perpetrators of more violent crimes.

Thanks.

Posted by: MyOp2 | December 24, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

U R Right!! I AM BLACK!! and PROUD OF IT!!
I am not however related to' as far as I know' to the PERP!! These IDIOTS/COWARDS' MKadyman; WildBill1 and nativeva1 who by all accounts breed with animals and who by all accounts have little or no education. So my friends have a nice racist day!! and by the way' HAVE A VERY RACIST CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY BIGOT YEAR!!

Posted by: FatzOne | December 24, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

It just amazes me....we start off with a crook/bank robber and end up slamming each other in racist comments...Hey a crook is a crook no matter his nationality. ALL of us pay to have these crooks in jail. Nothing about being a criminal is black or white...they are all stupid idiots that make us afraid for our families in this country..What if someone had gotten killed in this robbery? Would it matter his color? It would still be sad for a family....Happy Holidays.

Posted by: HAWKKMAN | December 24, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse