Boy electrocuted in Fairfax identified
The Fairfax City teen who was electrocuted Tuesday night while trimming a tree near his home was identified Wednesday by police as Gregory Malsam, 17, of the 4200 block of Berritt Street.
Authorities said Malsam was about 20 feet up in a tree, using a power saw, when a tree branch fell onto an electrical wire and sent about 19,000 volts of electricity into his body.
The incident occurred about 6:15 p.m., on the block of Berritt Street where he lived.
Neighbors said Malsam was well-liked in his community, near Roberts Road in the Green Acres neighborhood, and was about to begin his senior year at Fairfax High School.
-- Tom Jackman