Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity

Firefighters save five (and a dog) from Frederick blaze

Five people and a dog are safe in Frederick after firefighters rescued them from the third-floor balconies of a blazing apartment building.

Frederick County Chief Fire Marshal Marc McNeal says the fire was started by a candle that ignited an artificial plant in a third-floor living room at Brookside Apartments on Willowdale Drive at about 7:30 a.m. Thursday.

He says the fire spread quickly through the apartment and to the roof, causing about $150,000 worth of damage to the three-story building.

-- The Associated Press

By Washington Post Editors  |  January 7, 2010; 11:58 AM ET
Categories:  Fires & Fire Safety , Maryland  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Police investigating China want ad lead in IMF shooting
Next: Arrested Secret Service impersonator is Md. man

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2010 The Washington Post Company