Three teens accused of raping friend

Josh White

Prince William County police have arrested three teenagers in connection with an alleged rape last month at a Lake Ridge home.

A 15-year-old girl from Woodbridge called police on Sunday to report that she had been raped on Wednesday, June 30, at about 7:30 p.m., while she was spending time with friends at a home in the 3500 block of Nexus Court. Police said she was at the home of one of the alleged rapists when she was attacked. Officer Michelle Nemerow, a police spokeswoman, said the victim knew all three of the teenagers.

Police said the girl was able to break away from her attackers and fled. Two 16-year-old boys and a 14-year-old boy, all from Woodbridge, were arrested, charged with rape, and held without bond.

Because the alleged attackers are juveniles, police have not released their names.

-- Josh White

By Josh White  |  July 13, 2010; 3:34 PM ET
Categories:  Josh White , Pr. William , Sex Crimes , Virginia
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boy killed by car in Georgetown is identified
Next: Two charged in high-risk copper thefts

Comments

I'm completely sympathetic to this apparent victim and don't mean to suggest otherwise.

But I'm legitimately confused: how goes a girl escape from *three* assailants who have the advantage of surprise and whose primary focus is holding her down?

I'm thinking she's saying that she escaped after the rape, but the article is cagey enough with regards to any medical evaluation done that it's hard to draw that conclusion.

Posted by: jamessamans | July 13, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Violent felony. Names of the accused, please?

Posted by: RealityCheckerInEffect | July 13, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

The fact that her assailants were charged with rape, not attempted rape, makes it clear that the victim escaped only after the assault had been completed. Rape usually results in telltale bruises, which can be used as evidence if the defendant claims the encounter was consensual.

Posted by: dergans76 | July 13, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

Violent felony. Names of the accused, please?

Posted by: RealityCheckerInEffect

Since when does any police department release the names of juveniles accused of crimes? They don't.

Posted by: KidTJ | July 13, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Good for the girl for going to the authorities; far too many rapes go unreported.

Posted by: reiflame1 | July 14, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

I need more details on this. Why is one girl hanging around 3 teenage boys for starters, and alone at that? Seems odd.

Posted by: lulu202 | July 14, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

if it was really a rape i am 100% with this girl, but i think she's making so she won't get in trouble withe her parents. I may be wrong but that's my opinion..

Posted by: ernestto25 | July 14, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't necessarily call them my friends if they raped me, just sayin'.

Posted by: tmi1 | July 14, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse