Manassas police: Group beats man, steals iPod

A group of four men attacked another man on a Manassas Street Sunday night, punching and kicking him and stealing his IPod and cash.

Manassas police said the victim, a 41-year-old man, was walking in the 9200 block of Byrd Drive about 9 p.m. when he was stopped and surrounded by four men.

They punched and kicked him, and dragged him to the ground.

Police said the assailants searched the man's pockets and took his iPod and cash. The victim was taken to a local hospital. The assailants were described as black, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with short hair. They wore dark clothing.

-- Maria Glod

By Maria Glod  |  April 19, 2010; 10:30 AM ET
Categories:  Manassas , Maria Glod
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pr. George's men arrested in Anne Arundel home invasion
Next: The death of Brian Betts: A timeline

Comments

Wow! The WashPost actually described the assailants. I'm in awe!

Posted by: kenk3 | April 19, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

It's getting warm. The animals will be very restless and active.

Posted by: jabreal00 | April 19, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Great generalization about a group of black men!! I'll remind myself to run when I see a group of white males coming my way!.

Signed

Black male

Posted by: tglenn06 | April 19, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

whether its a group of black gangsta thugs, hispanic gang members or skin head whites, any group of young men can be a threat regardless of the color of their skin or ethnic background.
mob's are dangerous.

Posted by: MarilynManson | April 19, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I thought Virginia had a right to carry law? Anyone these days that does not persue ccw is asking for it. We all know the police cannot be everywhere at once. Take your and your family's safety seriously and do something about it!
I unfortunately live in a border state that barely allows one to carry a pocket knive. Believe me, you are lucky to have the option.

Posted by: not4n | April 19, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Lets be honest.. A group of black males these days spell trouble. That Oak hill or what whatever it is call is a joke.. My little brother was there, they still get high... So why would they stop, i mean it took 4 robberies and a car jacking to get him 6 months... The threating them with 5 years, but its all a joke, the kids know its a 6 month program.... The systems a joke, I don't even trust him anymore...

Posted by: xrendellx | April 19, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

@tglenn06 - its been many years since white folks went around attacking african americans for cash/valuables...this seems to be a class issue, not a race issue.

Posted by: nascarfancier | April 19, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

5'9", black and male? Describes millions of people. Sounds like group libel to me. You all and the Post are the animals with your cave dweller, neanderthal logic. Some of you probably are still walking around on all fours! Scared of blacks? Move to Alaska.

Posted by: MikeMIke3 | April 19, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

you white folks sway me with that scared of a black man mess, maybe if you were not such cowards you wouldn't have to be scared of us blacks. what about the crimes of the white man, how many of them are catholic? we know what they do to children. but since you whites come on here faceless but can internet thug, just come to the black community and have a sit down with us. down in the southern states you have white doing crimes against blacks everyday but only when it's 10 against 1, i think your race is nothing but cowards point blank

Posted by: FISHERHOWARD | April 19, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FISHERHOWARD | April 19, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Considering that most gangs are either black or hispanic, I'm not sure how you can justify the statement that whites commit crimes against other races "only when it's 10 against 1". Funny how I don't hear too much of these white gangs you speak of, except maybe the prison gangs, but they're just trying to fend off the black homos living on the DL. Oh, and this story is about 4 blacks beating on one person, so who are the cowards?

Posted by: savethepcbs | April 19, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

and by the way white color gang is the KKK and the Skinheads, last i checked they was white and of coward decent also, they only do crimes against those who they out number also

Posted by: FISHERHOWARD | April 19, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

haha!

"The assailants were described as black, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with short hair. They wore dark clothing."

This description reminds me of women I used to hear having drinks after work on The Hill about articles they are going to write...I bet even Maria Glod was laughing as she wrote this crap...

Posted by: cbmuzik | April 19, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Get your own iPod, losers/thugs. You know, work for a living. I guess there is no chance of that.

They're stealing them on the subway too. You stand near the doors & when they open, they grab it & run out of the station or whatever.

We really need to pay girls/women to get sterilized. There are far too many fools & criminals running around.

Posted by: uncivil | April 19, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Is there a nice, safe black community in the Wash DC metro area? I would like to know. I haven't been to one yet.

Posted by: uncivil | April 19, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Chill out fishhead, the black/white bull needs to end before the amigos take over...

Posted by: FrankMonzon | April 19, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse