Homicide detectives investigating body found near Pr. George's courthouse

Prince George's County homicide detectives are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near the county courthouse late Thursday night, authorities said.

The man, who police said appeared to be in his 40s, was found about 11:40 p.m. Thursday lying in the road in the 5400 block of Water Street, said Upper Marlboro Chief Michael Gonnella.

The man, who had no identification, was declared dead at the scene, police said.

He had suffered "upper body trauma," according to police.

Police found the body after receiving a call saying a man was down in the road near the county courthouse, the chief said.

-- Mary Pat Flaherty

By Mary Pat Flaherty  |  January 15, 2010; 11:03 AM ET
Categories:  Mary Pat Flaherty , Pr. George's
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Woman pleads guilty in deadly Beltway hit-and-run
Next: Anne Arundel investigating fatal stabbing of Prince George's man

Comments

One knew it would be in PG County before even reading the article. Bwaaahaaaaaaa

Posted by: checkered1 | January 15, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

No one wants to live in PG anymore. Sure some say Virginia is racist, probably, but I would rather deal with a tinge of racism than have my own people kill me.

Posted by: Fred23 | January 15, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Before you guys make inaccurate comments this happened in Upper Marlboro the upper class side of PG county....I live in Upper Marlboro for the last 10 years and believe it or not it's very safe.

Posted by: neopace | January 15, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

The body was dumped there....The crime scene didn't happen there...

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 15, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I actually work in Upper Marlboro....my co-workers and I were discussing what could have happened to the victim. What if someone was trying to send a message to someone inside the courthouse...i.e, attorneys, judges, witnesses, jurors, etc. It is very possible and if that proves to be the case...very scary!

Posted by: praze4hym | January 15, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse