Man shot and killed in Pr. George's

Matt Zapotosky

A man was shot and killed in Prince George's County Wednesday, and police are looking for three or four suspects in connection with the incident.

Just before noon, police were called to the 4600 block of Suitland Road in the Suitland area for the report of a shooting. Officers arrived to find a man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

A lookout was broadcast for three or four suspects, but police could not immediately provide any other descriptive information.

-- Matt Zapotosky

By Matt Zapotosky  |  February 17, 2010; 2:10 PM ET
Categories:  Homicide , Matt Zapotosky , Pr. George's
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Murder trial begins in case of Md. woman charged with killing daughters
Next: Accused Silver Spring dog thief demanded money, victim says

Comments

The ghetto returns to its brutal equilibrium.

Posted by: RealityCheckerInEffect | February 17, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

?

Posted by: DCFanatic | February 17, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Stay out of PG County. I don't see any legitimate reason to go there.

Posted by: uncivil | February 17, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

This incident occurred directly adjacent to the Suitland Federal Center home to the US Census Bureau HQ, The NOAA Satellite Operations Faciltiy, and the National Maritime Intelligence Center (Office of Naval Intelligence, and others). It appeared to have happened in front of a Subway store frequented by Federal employees and contractors.

Posted by: SUMB44 | February 17, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Stay out of PG County. I don't see any legitimate reason to go there.

Posted by: uncivil | February 17, 2010 3:38 PM
------------------------------
I see the snow removal didn't accidently
shovel you and your racist comments away.

Posted by: ENJOYA | February 17, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Stay out of PG County. I don't see any legitimate reason to go there.

Posted by: uncivil | February 17, 2010 3:38 PM
------------------------------
I see the snow removal didn't accidently
shovel you and your racist comments away.

Posted by: ENJOYA | February 17, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse
------------------------------

@ENJOYA I'm not defending the original poster's comment, but where is the racist element?

With respect, the first comment is negative and yours is hostile (and mine is now arrogant).

Posted by: spamwich | February 17, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

I see the snow removal didn't accidently
shovel you and your racist comments away.

Posted by: ENJOYA

Not sure where you live, but I live in P.G. and haven't seen any snow removal yet.

Posted by: gpl2411 | February 17, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: spamwich | February 17, 2010 4:42 PM

Yours actually would be ignorant if you don't read the comment section of Metro articles related to PG County.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 17, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I just love the mentality of the comments, so was the guy an amigo, a brother or a whitey, I know he was chinese...

Posted by: FrankMonzon | February 17, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Stay out of all high crime areas. Just makes sense. Why risk it? PG County has a high crime rate, no? Compared to Fairfax or Loudon counties.

Posted by: uncivil | February 17, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

If you really want a change, you can come to Cheyenne, WY. No one dies here except fromn the mixture of high winds and boredom.

I grew up in District Heights and graduated from Suitland HS so I know how bad that area can be

Posted by: CheyenneWY | February 17, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

If you didn't have to live in PG County, would you live there? Would you CHOOSE to live there in other words?

Posted by: uncivil | February 17, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

It's never ceases to amaze that people generalize an ENTIRE area by a few trouble areas. Southern Prince George's County, across the DC border is known to have high crime, but to judge the entire county by that single area is irrational and ignorant.

Why don't we just classify the entire state as an area to avoid? or the entire Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region? or the entire country...continent...hemisphere?

Posted by: CharlieIndiaAlpha | February 17, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: uncivil | February 17, 2010 6:54 PM

To this racist poster, I don't have to live in PG county I choose to live there. My wife and I make over 200K a year, I could live anywhere in VA, DC or MD, but I choose to stay away from all you racist folks in VA and other parts of DC and MD.

Posted by: neopace | February 17, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

What amazes me is the ignorance of some people who believe that one concentrated area speaks for a whole county. If crime is a deterrant then why occupy the District. Living here, I've seen more crimes committed by "white" collar criminals (Congress and the Senate) than my share, NOT even including the Bush Admin. I wouldn't want to live in any of those mentioned cities over mine. For what? I remember.....to be discriminated against! No thank you.

Posted by: gayliberalconservative | February 17, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Wapo?
Why do all of your headlines, especially those concerning crime ALWAYS start with PG County? Why not say Man shot and killed in Suitland?

Posted by: joebananas1 | February 17, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

This is why the police need to profile, because we all know the three or four suspects on lose are black men.

Posted by: nativeva1 | February 17, 2010 11:22 PM | Report abuse

PG County is not an ideal place to raise children. There are some very nice areas and some great private schools but you have to be able to afford the schools to justify choosing to live in the county with children. It's not a racist comment to choose areas to live with better public schools and lower crime rates. Those defending PG County reminds me of Nick Naylor from 'Thank you for smoking.' If you're educated enough to put up a decent debate for PG, then you're smart enough to understand why no one would willingly choose to reside in PG.

Posted by: oldirtybahen2002 | February 17, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Why don't we just classify the entire state as an area to avoid? Posted by: CharlieIndiaAlpha

You make a great point. Southeast DC has spilled over and ruined much of Prince George's and those folks are spilling over and ruining Waldorf (really its already ruined) and Northern Charles County. You are giving good advice to an outsider.

Posted by: oldirtybahen2002 | February 18, 2010 12:06 AM | Report abuse

"Wapo?
I am not a PG county booster by any means, but your "journalistic" slant is noticeable and helps perpetuate anti PG bias!"

Posted by: joebananas1 | February 17, 2010 9:58 PM

=========================================

OK, but what else is there to report about PG?

"PG resident wins Nobel Prize"?

"MENSA relocates headquarters to PG"?

"PG scientist discovers cure for cancer"?

"PG leads nation in low crime rates"?

Somehow I don't think you'll be seeing these headlines anytime soon.

I'm all for reporting good news coming out of PG, but there just isn't any.

Posted by: Hk45 | February 18, 2010 8:42 AM | Report abuse

i just fell like as a adult who grew up in PG county it is bad..I get a little nervous around my moms neighborhood. Gentrification has caused this, this whom are not employed are trying to find a means to an end and for some people violence erupts and gets them in hot water. At the end of the day its not just going on in pg county this is EVERYWHERE lets not forget that.

Posted by: seananthony151 | February 18, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

This is almost like..

the sun came up in the east this morning... man shot in PGC and/or DC...

the Ever-Ready battery .. the killing just keeps on going and going and going...

pretty sick situation.. yet > where is the ourrage on the part of the AA community?

Posted by: kglkgl06 | February 18, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Shocker!!!
In a crazy turn of events the 'victim' was identified and he was a black male with prior drug charges from SE DC. Police are still searching for the remaining suspects though, so the rest could have been those evil Irish people. I feel for the deceased family but he was not a victim. He was robbing a store. The store owner who shot him is not being charged with murder but will face weapons charges since he was a convicted felon and not allowed to possess firearms. PG County 'A livable commununity.'

Posted by: oldirtybahen2002 | February 18, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse