The Crime Scene - To Serve and Inform

Police identify man killed in Bowie

Matt Zapotosky

Police in Prince George's County have identified the man shot and killed outside a banquet hall in Bowie early Saturday morning as Kenneth Lamarr Prince, 26, of Oxon Hill, authorities said Thursday.

Prince was among two men shot just before 6 a.m. outside the West Bowie Village Hall in the 13700 block of Old Annapolis Road, authorities said.

The other man, a 26-year-old from D.C., remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Police said they are still working to identify a suspect and motive in the case.

In a news release, Bowie Police Chief Katherine Perez said investigators would also probe whether the banquet hall was following the terms of its license.

-- Matt Zapotosky

By Matt Zapotosky  | October 14, 2010; 3:54 PM ET
Categories:  Homicide, Matt Zapotosky, Pr. George's
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Marriage license nabs wanted man
Next: Two cops on leave after man dies

Comments

This is why whites have fled Bowie the last 10 years. Why do blacks ruin every community they move in to?

Posted by: rollmonte | October 15, 2010 7:46 AM | Report abuse

Don't know what race you are rollmonte, but Bowie property value continue to flourish and from what I see in my neighborhood ALL races and nationalities continue to move in and stay. I've lived in Woodmore for the past 15 years.

Posted by: clark202 | October 15, 2010 7:59 AM | Report abuse

Since when do Whites own a city n Maryland?1 more question y r people so IGNORANT??? What type of comment was that to make when a Man has lost his life, whether he was BLACK or white. Comments like that is what ruins the Community!!!

Posted by: favoredgirl | October 15, 2010 8:06 AM | Report abuse

Bowie does not need a go-go to attract low life ghetto porch monkeys-there are plenty of places for that in DC. rollmote is right..kill each other in your own part of town and leave us alone.

Posted by: 10bestfan | October 15, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

10Bestfan - your ignorance is astounding!! It's oh so easy to hide behind the computer to spew hate.

Posted by: jrochelle | October 15, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

WOWWW 10bestfan- THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS PRAY FOR YOUR SOUL RIGHT NOW, AND HOPEFULLY U NEVER LOOSE SOME1 U TRULEY CARE ABOUT. "WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND"..BE REALLY CAREFUL

Posted by: favoredgirl | October 15, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: favoredgirl | October 15, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

@rollmonte, do you just troll Washington Post comment sections to race bait? Get a new hobby....

Posted by: legaldiva78 | October 15, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Never mind rollmonte. He's just checkered1 with a new name.

But it's the same old loser. Still racist, still unintelligent, and still "little".

"Little" rollmonte has a bad case of "envy" if you catch my drift.

As for 10bestfan, he sounds like one of those houseboys who forgot where he - or at least his parents and older siblings - come from and likely still live. He visits the 'hood for a haircut and a dose of feeling superior. But to "the man", he's just another (fill in the blank). Sad - for him - that he's forgotten that.

Posted by: ceefer66 | October 15, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Yeah we really envy your killing shoot'em up "culture'. Keep it in your own hood 'bro'.BTW I wouldn't go near your hood for a hair cut...or anything else.
PS I am 'the man'.

Posted by: 10bestfan | October 15, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

You 2 dumb a$$ ppl I laugh at u 2 mfers I love how you a$$ holes sit on the cpu and talk s#!t but when u out in public yall scared to death of black ppl hahahaha....I know y u mad it may be bugs on the rest of u mugs but there aint bugs on me....hahahaha

Posted by: ziggyzuy | October 15, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10bestfan
---------

LOL. Listen to the "pot calling the kettle black". You savages have made a career out of killing. You double-standard troglodyte.

Posted by: WaterzEdge | October 15, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, you mugs will be 'LOL', I'm sure when I slap those cuffs on you...see you on the street if you're dumb enough to come into my 'hood-punk!

Posted by: 10bestfan | October 15, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10bestfan | October 15, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

------

I probably live ten minutes away from you, if not closer. Just let me know the proximity and I will oblige you. I'd love to see how intrepid you are when we meet.

Posted by: WaterzEdge | October 15, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10bestfan | October 15, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

------

Posted by: WaterzEdge | October 15, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

BTW 10bestfan...shouldn't you be out perusing the area for donut shops? I mean that is what your kind do best, isn't it?

Posted by: WaterzEdge | October 15, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Good people, why even acknowledge ignorance? Our concern is for the poor soul who lost his life. God help his family and bless them with comfort.

Posted by: wisepat | October 15, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

PS I am 'the man'.

Posted by: 10bestfan
-------------------------

Save it, TOM. No one here believes you.

Posted by: ceefer66 | October 15, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10bestfan
----------------------------

So, now you're a cop? Well, I'm the King of England!

Now I'm REALLY LMBAO at you!

Keep it coming, playboy. You're batting 1.000.

Posted by: ceefer66 | October 15, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Sorry but I don't even really count Woodmore as Bowie clark202, more like Largo 2.0, upgraded. I'm Black and I have to agree with rollmonte. I still feel like the area hasn't gone to hell just yet, but still...

Posted by: lulu202 | October 15, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

My comment was held back by the Blog person, but the white racist comments have been posted?!?! I guess it's time to protest the WashingtonPost! Or maybe, my comment really hit home!!! POST MY LAST COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 0126 | October 15, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Whites have fled Bowie and moved to DC! Blacks, stop moving to suburbs, or you'll going to get the bed bugs, the AIDS, and end up smoking meth!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

Posted by: 0126 | October 15, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

But you post rollmonte and 10bestfan's comments...r u serious??? You omit mine and keep theirs??? I've heard the rumors about washingtonpost and now I'm starting to believe it!!!

Posted by: 0126 | October 15, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lulu202
-----------------------------

A Black person agreeing with the likes of rollmonte is akin to putting on a headrag, grabbing a shinecloth, and saying with a wide grin "We sho' got's us a nice house, here, boss!"

You're a disgrace to the race.

Posted by: ceefer66 | October 15, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

This Article is about a My Brother of mine who was a honor roll student and in medical school. Yes he was a black male who was trying to make the best of his life and be a productive memmber of society. He was not a "Go-Go" he was at a family party. It's sad that instead of sending condolescences, you ignorant people are talking about a life that was taken senselessly. YES! Bowie is a very nice place to live but its not above crime. Crime is everywhere,looking at the news lately Fairfax county which is very nice predominantly white area that has had a rash of violent crimes lately. Its so sad all some of you people think about his race. What about the childeren he left behind. My family is grieveing and you people have no sympathy. Its Sad ill PRAY for you all!!!

Posted by: tangula_becton | October 18, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse