Missing Fairfax girls headed home

Two Fairfax County girls who were reported missing last month are heading home with a family member, police said Thursday.

Tiffany Ghani, 16, and Tram Hoang, 15, were reported missing on June 18.

They were located Wednesday in Columbia, S.C., county police said.

The case is still under investigation.

-- David P. Marino-Nachison

By Washington Post Editors  |  July 1, 2010; 3:18 PM ET
Categories:  Fairfax , Missing Persons
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Md. biker gang head faces prison
Next: Life for Md. man who killed teen

Comments

These girls ran away for 13 days on their own accord. The police and community spent nearly two weeks desperately looking for these two selfish morons.
Who will be repaying Fairfax county for all of the ma hours dedicated to finding these two vacationers?
These girls and their idiot parents shoul be put to work immediately by doing community service for the next two years AND these girls should lose the privledge of driving forcat least a year .
The girls and parents should be ashamed... Just think about the truly missing kids who could have benefitted from the manpower dedicated to these two spoiled brats.

Posted by: mveers2010 | July 1, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

'mveers2010,' you should be ashamed of yourself. As a family member to one of these girls, you have no idea what this experience was like. What gives you the right to say how these girls are punished? Who are you to call these girls morons and their parents idiots?

To everyone who acted concerned when they first went missing- be happy that they're safe and that there wasn't a tragic ending to this story. It's pathetic how angry people are when the ending of this story was a blessing.

Posted by: aawilkin | July 1, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

From FCPD web site "The teenagers were located in good condition in Columbia, South Carolina during the evening hours of Wednesday, June 30. They are with a family member and are in transit back to Fairfax County. The case is still under investigation."
Tiffany Ghiani has apparently run away before, so I hope FCPD thoroughly investigates this case and finds out why Ms. Ghiani keeps running away. Glad they are both safe, because this could have gone the other way.

Posted by: veloboldie | July 2, 2010 5:25 AM | Report abuse

Mveers2010 I absolutly 100% agree with u on the whole punishment for the runaways. The parents not so much. They have no power over their children if they don't come home. Now, if the girls were being abused or mulested etc. Then it would be a little more under standing for them to runaway. The girls in my opinion should have to repay for the manhours spent on locating them since they were not kidnapped or abducted by anyone. From what I have read unless I'm mistaken, who ever picked the runaways in the firstplace should be charged as well. Its unreal to think again in my opinion that there is no consiquences for runaways that just up and left cause "they feelt like it" its discracefull and a waste of my and others tax payers money.

Posted by: TheWhiteBoy257 | July 2, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse