Montgomery to honor all 16 officers killed during department's history
Montgomery County police will honor all 16 officers who died in the line of duty at 3 p.m. Monday.
The ceremony, which is open to the public, will take place at the county's Public Safety Training Academy at 9710 Great Seneca Highway, Rockville, as part of National Police Week.
The full list of fallen officers:
- Sgt. Hector I. Ayala, 1979-2010
- Officer Luke T. Hoffman, 1982-2007
- Capt. Joseph A. Mattingly Jr., 1952-2003
- Officer James E. Walch, 1963-1994
- Officer Mark Filer, 1962-1993
- Officer Philip C. Metz, 1947-1981
- Cpl. John M. Frontczak, 1943-1976
- Capt. James E. Daly, Jr., 1933-1976
- Pvt. William P. Conboy Jr., 1948-1973.
- Detective Lt. Donald Robertson, 1937-1972
- Detective Lt. William H. Jessie, 1921-1964
- Pvt. Robert L. McAllister, 1927-1952
- Pvt David G. Bissett, 1897-1952
- Patrolman James E. Shoemaker, 1889-1938
- Patrolman Webb S. Hersperger, 1902-1933
- Patrolman Joseph A. Case, 1886-1928
-- Dan Morse
May 10, 2010; 11:13 AM ET
Categories: Dan Morse , Montgomery
Save & Share: Previous: 'Shock,' 'disbelief' from D.C. councilmember who worked with dead 18-year-old
Next: Tiki bar fire spreads to house after Mother's Day party
The comments to this entry are closed.