Rockville stabbings lead to arrests
Rockville police have charged two people and are looking for a third in connection with a fight last week that ended with two men being stabbed in the stomach.
"These folks apparently have had a past. They had some kind of disagreement," said Maj. Michael England.
The man still at large is believed to be in Alabama, and police expect him back in Rockville by the end of the week to turn himself in, officials said.
The two victims underwent surgery, but have been released from Suburban Hospital, England said.
Detectives are still investigating what instigated the fight last Thursday in the 1300 block of 1st Street in East Rockville.
On Friday, detectives charged Joshua Bernard LaFrance, 24, of no fixed address, with attempted second-degree murder, first-degree assault and reckless endangerment. He is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Center on $250,000 bond, officials said.
On Saturday, detectives charged Catherine Jane Devin, 21, of no fixed address, with accessory after the fact for allegedly driving LaFrance and an acquaintance away from the scene, according to police. She was released from jail on $7,500 bond.
Detectives have obtained a warrant against the third suspect, whom they did not identify. Charges against him include attempted second-degree attempted murder, officials said.
Posted by: Joe_H | July 14, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: claytonfan | July 14, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.