2 men killed overnight in Pr. George's
Two men were killed overnight in separate incidents in Prince George's County, police said Tuesday, boosting the number of slayings in the county to three in the first days of 2011.
Police Cpl. Evan Baxter said that in both cases, officers responded to reported gunshots and found a man unresponsive and fatally wounded. Both men were pronounced dead immediately.
The first slaying occurred about 12:30 a.m. in the 3900 block of Bexley Place in Suitland, Baxter said. Bexley Place is a short, dead-end road just east of St. Barnabas Road, originating from Old Branch Avenue. Baxter said police are investigating whether the slaying was connected to an event at a nearby banquet hall, the Upscale Ballroom, earlier in the evening.
About 2:30 a.m., police were again summoned for reported gunshots, this time to the 7200 block of Crafford Place in Fort Washington, Baxter said. Again, a man was found slain. Crafford Place, too, is a dead-end street, part of a residential complex. It is about six miles south of the site of the earlier slaying.
Police did not release the name of either man or indicate whether the slayings might be related.
The first slaying of the year in Prince George's was a stabbing in Chillum on New Year's Day.
Posted by: darrren12000 | January 4, 2011 10:01 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: georgetownred | January 4, 2011 12:23 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: carron80 | January 4, 2011 2:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: usc932000 | January 4, 2011 5:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: usc932000 | January 4, 2011 5:45 PM | Report abuse