Police: Serial bank robber nabbed
Prince George's County Police have arrested a man they say committed six bank robberies in Largo and Bowie.
Damon Keith Roberts Jr, 47, was arrested Thursday at his home in the 700 block of Carlough Street in Landover, police said. He was charged with six counts of robbery.
During each robbery, the suspect entered the bank posing as a customer and passed a note to the teller demanding money, police said in a news release. No one was injured in any of the robberies.
Roberts was charged with robbing the following banks:
- Chevy Chase Bank – 6100 block of High Bridge Road on July 8, 2010 at 10:55 a.m.
- BB&T Bank – 10500 block of Campus Way South on June 26, 2010 at 9:55 a.m.
- M&T Bank – 6900 block of Laurel Bowie Road on June 12, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
- M&T Bank – 1000 block of Shoppers Way on May 21, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
- BB&T Bank – 10500 block of Campus Way South on April 19, 2010 at 12:20 p.m.
- SunTrust Bank – 24 Watkins Park Drive on March 12, 2010 at 12:06 p.m.
Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | August 20, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: BigDaddy651 | August 20, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: pusha-d | August 20, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bigheadbull2 | August 20, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: salemoaktree | August 20, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: shortlady2 | August 20, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: schooletal | August 21, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse