Bar hit by fire now reports break-in
A popular H Street hangout that was ravaged by fire last month has been broken into, according to a posting on the tavern’s Web site.
A co-owner of Argonaut, Scott Magnuson, arrived at the bar last week to find an air-conditioner dislodged from a window. Inside, he found a gumball machine had been broken, a juke box opened and bottles broken on the floor.
Police were able to recover prints from the scene, the posting said.
Earlier, a cooler and some umbrellas had been taken from the bar.
The tavern’s owners have been working on repairs after a fire gutted the kitchen and damaged the interior with smoke June 20. They expect to announce a re-opening date this week, according to the site.
-- Mike McPhate
The comments to this entry are closed.