Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity

Smoke causes brief evacuations at Union Station

An overheated exhaust fan motor produced heavy smoke and forced evacuations from the food court of Union Station Wednesday afternoon, D.C. fire officials said.

Firefighters took about 10 minutes to extinguish smoky conditions after being called to the station at 50 Massachussetts Avenue NE about 2 p.m., said Pete Piringer, a fire and emergency services department spokesman.

No injuries were reported, and no delays have been reported by Metro, Amtrak or MARC at this time.

-- Clarence Williams

By Clarence Williams  |  January 20, 2010; 2:17 PM ET
Categories:  Clarence Williams , Fires & Fire Safety , The District  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Crime novelist, 'Spenser' creator Robert Parker dies
Next: Police charge Fairfax teens with gang hazing, 'beat-in' initiations

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2010 The Washington Post Company