Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity

D.C. strip club manager dies from 2007 fire injuries

A Washington strip club manager who was doused with gasoline and set on fire nearly three years ago has died.

Vladimir Djordjevic had been in the hospital since November 2007 with critical burns to 90 percent of his body. Police say the 28-year-old died early Monday.

Djordjevic underwent dozens of painful surgeries. He testified from his hospital bed during the trial of the man who burned him at the Good Guys Club.

Vasile Graure of Phoenix was convicted of assault and arson in 2008 and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Graure, a Romanian citizen working as a trucker, was thrown out of the strip club when he took pictures of a dancer. He returned with a can of gasoline to burn down the club.

Police say Graure could now face murder charges.

-- Associated Press

By Washington Post Editors  |  May 18, 2010; 10:20 AM ET
Categories:  The District , Updates  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Money Store fraud settlement may not approach losses in scheme
Next: Anne Arundel student indicted on murder charges after shotgun death

Comments

Hey folks where are you? This guy was probably here illegally. Where is the outrage over illegal immigration? I guess if you are illegal but romanian it does not garner the same attention. If only he were mexican this blog would be full of ranting post.

Posted by: ged0386 | May 18, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2010 The Washington Post Company