Blow drier causes deadly Va. fire
Fire officials say a blow dryer caused a house fire in Richmond that killed a man and his teenage daughter.
Richmond Fire Lt. Shawn L. Jones told The Richmond Times-Dispatch that the blow dryer ignited the man's mattress.
Both victims died from smoke inhalation. Fire officials haven't released their names.
The girl's twin sister and the teens' grandmother escaped the blaze. They suffered smoke inhalation and remain hospitalized.
The fire was one of two deadly blazes that occurred Wednesday in Virginia.
The Bristol Herald-Courier reports that a house fire in Bristol killed 32-year-old musician Allun Cormier and 21-year-old Lucy Brooke Walton Jennings. Fire officials say the blaze began near an electric wall heater.
The Associated Press
| December 30, 2010; 9:24 AM ET
Categories: Fires & Fire Safety, Virginia
Save & Share: Previous: 'Big stick' robbery in Manassas
Next: Police: Robber shouted 'Merry Christmas'