Time for a Pop Quiz

No. 2 pencils only. You have five minutes. Cheating is okay, whatever.

1. This blog has been uninhabited for a week and a half because:

a) I've been too busy collecting random links for the Steinbog.
b) I've been too busy with our Olympics coverage.
c) I've been too busy watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" on Hulu.
d) The dog ate my Movable Type.
e) All of the above.

2. If the Beijing Games had a theme, it would be:

a) National pride.
b) National pride in the form of racism (times two).
c) National shame.
d) National worst-kept secrets.

3. Michael Phelps is:

a) The scientist most often identified as the inventor of PET, a technique that permits the imaging of biological processes in the organ systems of living individuals.
b) An alien.
c) Breakfast.
d) The unlikely candidate for turning Lindsay Lohan back on to men.
e) Swimming in a pool filled with urine.

4. These Games need more:

a) Cowbell.
b) Showboating.
c) Cheese.
d) Condoms.
e) Clips of Bela Karolyi watching gymnastics.

By Lindsay Applebaum |  August 20, 2008; 2:49 AM ET  | Category:  Olympics
Previous: Epic Caption Contest (Updated) | Next: The List: Proof That China Is Cheating

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

1. E
2. A
3. E LMAO!
4. A (times 10)

Posted by: jm220 | August 20, 2008 7:26 AM

1. e) All of the above.

What is scary is I see you doing all 4 at the same time. But I never knock anyone who can multitask.

2.a) National pride.

See the president thinks he is holding the flag facing the right direction because it looks it from his side

(FYI the US Military has it stitched backwards on their Uniforms too. I can't wait for the stupid war to be over so I can start making fun of them again.)

3. e) Swimming in a pool filled with urine.

Does anyone else want to punch Phelps, he is a idiot, he was ask how he feels with all these medals around his neck and he responded, "they are heavy".

4. All i can say is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7355684705344367196&ei=6BCsSP6RKJemrAKc5eD0BA&q=Cowbell&vt=lf&hl=en

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 20, 2008 8:43 AM

E A E A...O!

Posted by: P Diddy | August 20, 2008 10:24 AM

Dear Bonita,

I will *never* forgive you for that Deion/Nastia link. The brillo pad sturdy enough to scour those images from my memory has yet to be invented.

Several days later, the following continually cycle through my head:
a) "Mr. Primetime"
b) Identifying everything in a room as AT&T such-and-such
c) "I can smell a father-daughter moment from a mile away"

I curse [some of] your Olympics links.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 10:31 AM

Gee, I love It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Most underrated comedy ever? I'd say so.

Posted by: Anton (From TheSportCount.com) | August 20, 2008 11:18 AM

I don't care where you've been and why, Appleblog. I don't care. I don't want to know. I'm just glad you're home! Don't ever leave us again! [weeping hysterically]

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 20, 2008 12:14 PM

Good to have you back. For the record, the correct answers are:

D - Dogs rock, what kind of dog?
B - Okay, I know it's wrong, the better picture would have been the entire team holding up their driver's licenses.
E - I hope, that would be really funny for some reason.
D - I've always figured the sex in Olympic village is just absolutely rampant. Then 13 years and 9 months later, you'd see a little Olympic gymnast who was obviously conceived during the months her mother was in Beijing even though her father had gotten thrown out of China for opening the wrong website at Starbucks.

Posted by: Andy | August 21, 2008 3:04 PM

Who won the caption contest? I was surprised that some of those posts were allowed to stay.

Tossed salad, butter face, hit that arse?

Wow, just wow.

Posted by: not forgiving Bonita yet | August 21, 2008 3:49 PM

lmfao

Posted by: Dik | August 22, 2008 1:06 PM

Oh... Jealous Americans ! That's my real feeling.

Posted by: Banfield | August 23, 2008 3:36 PM