Finally, Some Peace and Quiet

It is my sad relieved conflicted duty to inform you that Crowd Noise's time on the Internet has come to an end.

There's no specific reason, other than the fact that commenting on comments became too meta for even a Web enthusiast like me.

Folks, it's been real (maybe too real?), but I'll now be posting regularly at the D.C. Sports Bog and our new NFL hotspot, The League. I hope you'll come hang out and join the discussion.

Thanks for reading and commenting,

Lindsay "Bonita Appleblog" Applebaum

By Lindsay Applebaum |  September 19, 2008; 8:45 AM ET
Previous: The List: Proof That China Is Cheating |

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 19, 2008 9:07 AM

I do not approve of this.

Posted by: P Diddy | September 19, 2008 9:46 AM

Crowd Noise died about a month ago. This post is akin to euthanizing on old, worndown dog.

Posted by: Q-Tip | September 19, 2008 10:09 AM

You just broke Alex's heart. You are the closest to a girlfriend that dude has ever had and will ever have.

Posted by: Nathan | September 19, 2008 10:33 AM

Lindsay,

Sorry I gave you so much crap. I think that at the end of the day, we can all agree that this blog just wasn't necessary or worthwhile. I'm glad you'll be contributing to the Bog now, which if you'll remember correctly, was a blog that I originally mentioned to you I felt gave this one no reason for even existing. Best of luck over there.

Posted by: Cart | September 19, 2008 11:44 AM

I'm a hot white single girl, I feel lonely... What I really need is love, Feel free to chat with me on (([___"interracialchatting.c o m"___])) where i upload my photos and many black or white singles seeking love online.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 21, 2008 9:40 PM

I suppose I wasn't always the best commenter or casual reader, but I agree completely with Cart that "this blog just wasn't necessary or worthwhile." Yeah, I'm kicking you while you're down, but I still think the best route for this blog or "voice"(gotta love easy ways to get around work filters) would have been as a sort of ombudsman. Instead of making fun of the customer, shine a light on the product. We all know there are plenty of articles from the Washington Post sports section and all over the Internet that could warrant somebody other than the lowly customer questioning and debating. If this had been a place to question the latest ridiculous statement from Mike Wise, it would have been more popular than the Redskins and Soccer Insider combined. It's too bad, the readers aren't allowed to see colleagues debate. It would only help the discussion of sports in the area.

Regardless, I'm a hot black single guy, I feel lonely... What I really need is love, Feel free to chat with me on my Facebook where I upload my photos and many black or white singles seeking love online.

I was hoping there would be less spam with the latest WP upgrades, but... um...yeah you can contact me over facebook if you would like.

Posted by: sitruc | September 22, 2008 1:34 AM

Boooo! Bring back Crowd Noise! I disagree with those that say the blog was not worthwhile.

It showed the different layers of fans that lie underneath the DC sports scene and it gave us a chance to see the best comments of the day without having to read through all of them.

Seriously, there are about 300 posts for every thread on the RI, which has about 5 new threads a day. Now with Hockey and Bball starting back up, it's a pain in the Zorn to have to read through every single post to find some discussion or debate.

Every day there are debates on Wapo.com across the various blogs, and Crowd Noise let us all participate and kept a good beat on the pulse of the fans.

I'm glad Bonita will still be Bogging!

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | September 22, 2008 4:33 PM

Thank goodness Lindsay is not dead. That's all I have to add.

Posted by: FS | September 22, 2008 5:28 PM

Hey Heath Shuler, why don't you just ask Lindsay out and be done with it dude? Then the rest of us wouldn't have to read a crappy blog anymore, and you'd have a date! Win-win, no? Butt kisser...

Posted by: Cart | September 23, 2008 12:08 PM

Not a bad idea Cart...

Lindsay. What do you say? You, me? Cruise to the Caribbean?

That's actually the only smart thing I've ever heard Cart say on Crowd Noise. Too bad the Crowd Noise is gone or Lindsay could blog about it!

...and too bad I'm too fat and ugly to ever date Lindsay.

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | September 23, 2008 1:56 PM

...and too bad I'm too fat and ugly to ever date Lindsay.

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | September 23, 2008 1:56 PM

Someone should tell Alex that - that tool thinks he has a chance

Posted by: a b c d | September 23, 2008 2:47 PM

That was honest.

Posted by: Cart | September 24, 2008 9:59 AM

haha it was fun while it lasted.

Posted by: Sombrero Guy | September 24, 2008 11:16 AM

alas!
catch you on one of the others....stumped out.

Posted by: stumped | September 25, 2008 1:57 AM