DC Republicans Welcome Palin to GOP Ticket
Here is the statement released by the District's GOP regarding John McCain's selection of Alaska's Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate:
"Gov. Sarah Palin (Alaska-R) is a reformer who has a reputation of bucking her Party for the common good. As Chairman of the DC Republican Party, I can say on behalf of all Washington Republicans we welcome Gov. Palin as our Party's Vice Presidential nominee," stated DC Republican Committee Chairman Robert J. Kabel.
"With the addition of Gov. Palin, this will only energize DC Republicans to work harder to elect John McCain and Sarah Palin as our next President and Vice President of the United States," concluded Kabel.
Governor Sarah Palin is a tough executive who has demonstrated during her time in office that she is ready to be president. She has brought Republicans and Democrats together within her Administration and has seen approval ratings of over 80 percent.
• Gov. Sara Palin has challenged the influence of the big oil companies while fighting for the development of new energy resources.
• She leads a state that matters to every one of us -- Alaska has significant energy resources and she has been a leader in the fight to make America energy independent.
• She has actually used her veto and cut budgetary spending. And she put a stop to the bridge to nowhere that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.
• In Alaska, she challenged a corrupt system and passed a landmark ethics reform bill.
• As the head of Alaska's National Guard and as the mother of a soldier herself, Governor Palin understands what it takes to lead our nation and she understands the importance of supporting our troops.
Her experience in shaking up the status quo is exactly what is needed in Washington. In choosing Governor Sarah Palin, John McCain put Washington on notice that he is serious about shaking up the status quo. What we're seeing is a maverick who has shaken up Washington picking as his teammate a maverick governor who has shaken up her own state. What it's going to take to change Washington is a team of Mavericks who have a record of accomplishment in shaking up the status quo.
Posted by: DC Republican | August 31, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: anon | September 1, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.