CM Barry Gets Stitches After Fall

D.C. Wire just got this announcement from council member Marion Barry's office:

Ward 8 Councilmember Marion Barry was treated and released from Greater South East Hospital this morning suffering from minor injuries to his face after accidentally falling down while out walking earlier in Anacostia Park.

Mr. Barry received a deep gash over his bottom lip that required several stitches. Despite the minor accident Mr. Barry suffered no serious injuries and is in good spirits. According to Mr. Barry, doctors in the emergency room at Greater South East Hospital said he will have a full recovery and be back at work in a day or two.

"I just lost my footing while out doing my daily walk," said Barry. "I am in a little pain and it will take a few days to heal but I will get through this. I plan on being back on my feet in no time good as new."

By David A Nakamura  |  October 6, 2008; 12:38 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. Council
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fenty Details Budget Cuts
Next: Today Is Last Day to Register to Vote Nov. 4

Comments

Marion is the man! Barry for mayor and bring back the good old days!

Posted by: checkered.1 | October 6, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

You gotta love DC - Marion Barry could be dead for fifty years and DC folks will still vote him into office. They do love their Dear Leader.

Posted by: Clueless in DC | October 6, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Maybe, he will stay away from Cady Drive for a few days.

Posted by: pocat | October 6, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I wish the Mayor a speedy recovery.

Posted by: ynewsome@clinpharm.com | October 6, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Must have been a good hit!!!!!

Posted by: askgees | October 6, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Mayor for life!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

God Bless ..wishing you a speedy recovery

Posted by: temple of praise memeber | October 6, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

The former mayor must have been smoking crack again.... Stay off the pipe man!!!

Posted by: Leroy | October 6, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

My prayers are with you. For get all the negative comments!!!!!

Posted by: tybeezee | October 6, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Must have been a real bellringer of a hit!

Posted by: aj | October 6, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

They still selling rock in Anacostia Park?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

What was he drinking?

Posted by: Chief | October 6, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Give me some of what he was using. It must be good stuff.

Posted by: Michael1945 | October 6, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

wha....?????

Posted by: Crackhead Billy | October 6, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Ward 8 Councilmember Marion Barry was treated and released from Greater South East Hospital this morning suffering from minor injuries to his face and a broken pipe after accidentally falling down while out "walking" earlier in Anacostia Park.
Mr. Barry received a deep gash over his bottom lip that required several stitches. You see when the he few on his face he broke his crackpipe. Word to the wise: don't walk and do crack...it mess you up. Despite the minor accident Mr. Barry suffered no serious injuries and is in good spirits because crack do that to the brotha. According to Mr. Barry, doctors in the emergency room at Greater South East Hospital said he will have a full recovery and be back at work in a day or two. The only problem occurred when Mr. Barry asked; "Did anyone see a little bag of CRACK."

"I just lost my footing while out doing my daily "walk", yeah, I "walk" daily...sometimes I "walk" several times daily so I could get a quick buzz...I mean think about buzziness...well. you know what I'm sayin" What did I just say??? said Barry. "I am in a little pain so I'll probably go for another "walk" and it will take a few days to heal but I will get through this. Well, not just me, I get some help from CRACK. I plan on being back on my feet in no time, and after another lonnnnng "walk" I'll be as good as new."

Posted by: Jimmy Olsen | October 6, 2008 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Onyl an ignorant person would give such negative comments. Maybe you are the one sucking up the crack pipe.

Posted by: not important | October 6, 2008 11:41 PM | Report abuse

Yes, yes I am...and I just feel terrible about it. Wait, the doorbell is ringing...I have to go. Marion and I are going for our "walk". SouthEast Representin'!

Posted by: Jimmy Olsen | October 7, 2008 12:13 AM | Report abuse

Did he fall on a Crack Rock?

Posted by: Samson Semere | October 7, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Did he fall on a Crack Rock?

Posted by: Samson Semere | October 7, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Did he CRACK his head...hahahaha I said "crack"

Posted by: Crackhead Billy | October 7, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

the man still uses crack. its quite obvious for those of us who see him on a daily basis.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse