Fire Department Probing Another EMT Case After Man's Death
D.C. fire officials are investigating what happened to Edward L. Givens, a 39-year-old NE resident who called parademics because of chest pains and hours later died in his home. Givens's family members said the paramedics who responded to the call told Givens he had acid reflux, suggested he take Pepto-Bismol and left.
Improving the city's emergency medical services has been a stated priority of Mayor Adrian M. Fenty's administration since the 2006 death of David Rosenbaum, Washington Post reporter Elissa Silverman writes in her story today about Givens.
December 4, 2008; 9:17 AM ET
Categories: City Life , Crime and Public Safety
Save & Share: Previous: More Inauguration Revelry = More Cops? The Mayor (and Chief) Speaks
Next: Entire Mall Open for Inauguration
The comments to this entry are closed.