Fenty Announces Changes After OCTO Scandal
City Administrator Dan Tangherlini and Interim OCTO Director Chris Willey watch as Mayor Fenty addresses reporters today. (Photo by David Nakamura)
Mayor Adrian M. Fenty said he is appointing Chris Willey as the interim director of the scandal-plagued Office of the Chief Technology Officer. Willey was a deputy of Vivek Kundra, the former director who recently went to work for the Obama administration.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation raided OCTO last week, after arresting one of its managers and a contractor in a kickback scam.
Several other employees have been fired in recent days.
In addition, Fenty said this afternoon that he has asked an independent auditor, BDO Seidman, to look at all the contracts from the office and has hired an information technology security firm to work with OCTO. Fenty also has issued a mayoral order to limit contracts coming out of the office to $100,000 each, bringing OCTO in line with other city agencies. OCTO had been allowed to issue contracts of up to $500,000.
March 19, 2009; 2:18 PM ET
Categories: Crime and Public Safety , Mayor Fenty
Save & Share: Previous: Second D.C. Government Worker Arrested in Tech Scam
Next: D.C. Wire Video: UDC President on Proposed Changes
Posted by: oknow1 | March 19, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: msmarciaparker | March 19, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.