Nickles Says He's All Moved In

Attorney General Peter J. Nickles, whose residency has been a controversial issue, said he has lived in the city for a week now.

D.C. Council members and critics frequently asked about the attorney general's continued residence in his longtime Great Falls home despite a city law requiring mayoral appointees to live in the District.

The mayor officially nominated him to be the permanent attorney general last summer. But Nickles took his time about moving. He was the mayor's general counsel before he became attorney general and relocate to move despite the criticism of council members. At that time, he said the residency requirement did not apply to his general counsel position.

As attorney general, he has relented.

He said he moved into his undisclosed residence on May 5. "I'm not going to tell you," he said when asked where he was living.

"I have moved. I have a D.C. license plate. I have my picture on a D.C. license. I'm paying D.C. taxes," Nickles said.

Has his wife also moved?

Nickles chuckled. "Did my wife move?" he asked. "My wife has been a participant in the move. Is it perfect, no? It has furniture."

By Nikita R Stewart  |  May 13, 2009; 5:58 PM ET
Categories:  Nikita Stewart
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. Budget: More Reader Thoughts
Next: Rhee Visits CIA

Comments

Well, lets hope he is renting so that he can move back to Great Falls following the 2010 elections.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | May 13, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Nickles makes a mockery of the residency requirement, including jokes about paying DC taxes. Shameful.

Posted by: IHeartDC | May 13, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

The dogmatic dictator relocated to the District--not because it’s required--but to become a registered voter and waste his vote on his bratty GodBoy! Don’t unpack Nickels; the residents of the District of Columbia are disappointed and disgusted with your BabyBoy’s antics and, in 2010 we will be celebrating the brat's exodus from office.

Posted by: dcnatives | May 13, 2009 11:24 PM | Report abuse

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHERE HE MOVED TO????? WHERE IS IT? HEY EVERYBODY, KEEP A LOOKOUT FOR NEW NEIGHBORS AND LET US KNOW.

Posted by: my2centsis | May 14, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

my2centsis, it doesn't matter. It is most likely a shell of a place that came pre-furnished that he will never sleep a night in.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | May 15, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse