Fenty Team Wants Your Green Space

Mayor Adrian M. Fenty needs your address.

The Fenty camp, known as the "green team," is dialing up supporters to place green and white campaign signs in their yards.

It appears to be a quiet, year-out kickoff of Fenty's reelection campaign. The 38-year-old mayor has built up a war chest. He now appears to be going back into the mode of the door-knocking candidate that set a precedent by winning every precinct in the 2006 Democratic primary.

The primary is Sept. 14, 2010. So far, no formidable candidate has stepped up to face him.

By Washington Post Editors  |  September 8, 2009; 5:46 PM ET
Categories:  Mayor Fenty , Nikita Stewart  | Tags: Adrian M. Fenty, D.C. mayor, campaign, reelection
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nickles Says Erasure Analysis Wasn't Erased
Next: D.C. Attorney General Fires Back at Opponents

Comments

Hell to the no! Not in my yard or the yards of any of my family. I won't even sign a petition to get his name on the ballot.

Posted by: candycane1 | September 8, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

I saw a Fenty sign in a nearby yard last night.

I admit, my first impulse was to snatch it. But good citizen that I am, I grudgingly left it there. I will be prowling, though, for additional signs and if they proliferate, I vow to knock on the doors of sign holders to simultaneously try to understand and try to discourage their support.

Posted by: efavorite | September 8, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse

CALLING ALL FORMIDABLE CANDIDATES . . . STEP UP, STEP UP!!! You'll most likely be a shoo-in!

Posted by: schooletal | September 8, 2009 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Please, no calls!

Don't even bother to knock on the door. Trained guard dogs surround the place and they attack anything green or white.

Posted by: shank2sb | September 9, 2009 12:29 AM | Report abuse

Why is this newsworthy? It reads as a press release from the Fenty campaign, or an advertisement. Why post this?

Posted by: DistrictIndependent | September 9, 2009 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Very funny efavorite lol...

But by all means, I would LOVE to get a phone call at my house - the caller would not like what I have to say and the thought of ruining my yard (and reputation) w/a Fenty sign - will NOT happen. EVER

Posted by: boo2 | September 9, 2009 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Big war chest and a town full of empty bellies achin'.

Posted by: Dermitt | September 9, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

My 87 year old uncle and a resident of Ward 2 received 5 calls regarding the use of his "green space". This is sad! His answer "NO" each time.

We better be cafeful or Fenty will cover every playground, football field and park in the city with his signs if he cannot fool enough city residents to put his signs in their yards. Don't forget, DC PARKS AND RECREATION IS IN HIS POCKET.

Posted by: dccounselor72 | September 10, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

If Fenty signs start popping up in public parks, I definitely WILL leap in to snatch them - in broad daylight.

Posted by: efavorite | September 10, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

efavorite - lets created some neon "anyone but" signs and tack them on top of the Fenty signs... the ones in the park - dont want to get in trouble on someone's property lol.

Posted by: boo2 | September 11, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

WE might want to say yes, get the signs in our yards and then write anybody but Fenty in orange neon. What a visual of having that on private properties all across town?

Posted by: candycane1 | September 11, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

You're joking right!

2010 can't come fast enough!!!!!

Posted by: yesthetruthhurts | September 13, 2009 2:18 AM | Report abuse

Almost forgot...Sianara in 2010!!!

You have been a disappointment to us citywide!!!

Posted by: yesthetruthhurts | September 13, 2009 2:22 AM | Report abuse