Coming Next: Michelle of Arc?

Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee, who is still living down her broom-wielding Time cover, appears in the new edition of Education Next as "D.C.'s Braveheart." This one, however is clearly a photoshop job, with her head plunked on top of a suit of armor. The accompanying story by June Kronholz is, as the picture suggests, almost uniformly admiring. Although it doesn't it doesn't address what happened to the real Braveheart, Scottish rebel William Wallace, who was hanged, disemboweled, beheaded and quartered in 1305 for rising up against the British crown.

Bill Turque

By Bill Turque  |  October 15, 2009; 10:50 AM ET
Categories:  Bill Turque , Education
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brown Confronts Nickles Over Tone of Hartsock Debate
Next: Nickles Wins Round in Dispute with Auditor

Comments

That same head was the stonefaced picture of Rhee standing behind a group of children. What picture is next? Marie Antoinette maybe? Her fate wasn't great either.

While you're at it, give us a picture of Fenty as Humpty Dumpty. All the king's horsemen and all the kings's men should include Nickles, Rhee, Lanier, Rubin, Neil Abert, Ron Moten and all councilmembers that voted yes for Hartsock.

Posted by: candycane1 | October 15, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Turque thanks for telling us what happen to William Wallace. I don't want Rhee to be beheaded,I just want her to resign. Please be sure to write an article when Ms.Rhee appears before the city council. I hope that her answers will be published and that the Washington Post will stop defending Rhee and listen to the teachers, parents,students and citizens. I think most of us are fed up with her talking to the media for her own benefit and causing an uproar in our schools.

Posted by: DCWatcher3 | October 15, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Disemboweled, beheaded and quartered, hmmm.

Thanks, this made me laugh. And trust me, as a DCPS parent, there isn't much to laugh about these days.

Posted by: Title1SoccerMom | October 15, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I don’t want any physical violence either - just that Rhee is treated the same way she has treated her recently RIFd teachers.

First humiliate her publicly, in the newspaper and in national speeches.

Then string her along awhile, assuring her that she won’t lose her job unless she really, really deserves to, in the best interests of The Children and DCPS employees who would be better off without her working among them.

Then late one Friday afternoon cut off her email (that will be a clue!) and have police escort her out with a little box to carry her belongings.

Afterwards, citizens can tell her that we understand what a difficult time this must be for her and then give her a chance to express her feelings.

Posted by: efavorite | October 15, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

efavorite, why do you keep repeating that lie that police escorted some teachers who were RIFfed????

Just kidding (big time)

Posted by: edlharris | October 15, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you efavorite. I want her to feel hurt, embarrassment, betrayal and bashing on a national level. I want her to be exposed as a hoax. I want her to make speeches and get booed. I want her to go to summits and face demonstrations all across the country. I want all magazine covers dressing her as Marie Antoinette and the wicked witch of the east.I want a new mayor that goes to her office at midnight and puts yellow crime tape across the door. When she gets to work, I want the police there waiting for her and escort her not to the car and driver we pay for but to the curb with orders to say "get to steppin." I want everybody in 825 to see it and cheer as she tries to catch a cab. I want that moment on all channels plus CNN and MSNBC.

Posted by: candycane1 | October 15, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Go Michelle! The focus is the students. Everyone else can follow or get out of the way. Or be pushed out of the way.

Posted by: jy151310 | October 15, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Hey jy151310 - trying to protect your job at 825? Has it occurred to you that teachers are needed to focus on students and that it's not nice to treat teachers like crap?

Candycane - Wow, you are rabid tonight. I have one more wish for your scenario - that you are driving the cab that whisks Rhee away.

Posted by: efavorite | October 15, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

I'll take that and that just changed the end of the story. If I'm the cab driver, she gets a ride to the airport. Not Reagan National but Dulles and on the way to the airport she will be "forced" to listen to James Brown's " The Big Payback" over and over again until she gets to Dulles.

Posted by: candycane1 | October 16, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps the next time we see Michelle Rhee with a broom she will be flying away on it.

Posted by: jlp19 | October 17, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps she should be called "St. Michelle of the Broom." She can be made the patron saint of broomsticks and a day be set aside each year to celebrate her. I suggest it be Halloween.

Posted by: jlp19 | October 17, 2009 10:27 PM | Report abuse

I liked the picture of Ms. Rhee with the broom. However, it was missing two important things. The first is the tall black pointy hat she should have been wearing. The other is the cauldron of boiling ex-employees of DCPS.

Posted by: aby1 | October 18, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse