Solar-powered parking meters installed around town
The District Department of Transportation today began installing 50 new, solar-powered meters that take credit cards and coins in a pilot program that could spread throughout the city.
DDOT picked five locations for the new single-space meters that could expand later into a pay-by-phone method, according to a news release.
Look out for meters in the following areas:
- U Street/14th Street, NW (Ward 1)
- 2000 H Street, NW (Ward 2)
- 600 Indiana Avenue, NW (Ward 2)
- 5300 Wisconsin Avenue (Mazza Gallery) (Ward 3)
- 3500 John McCormick Road, NE (Catholic University/Brookland Metro) (Ward 5)
-- Nikita Stewart
The comments to this entry are closed.