Mayor Fenty on Post poll: 'I haven't had a chance to read it'

Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) said Thursday that he still has not read The Washington Post poll published Sunday. The poll shows a dramatic slide in his popularity in the past two years, notably among African Americans.

During his weekly appearance on NBC4's "Connecting with the Mayor" segment in the morning, Fenty deflected reporter Joe Krebs questions about the poll. "I think you're referring to The Washington Post poll," Fenty said after Krebs quoted the poll's findings. "I haven't had a chance to read it. I will...This week has been busy with the snow and everything else. I just haven't gotten to it."

Krebs asked what Fenty's reaction would be once he read it and saw the "turnaround."

Fenty said he does not wait for polls to test public sentiment. He said he "tries to stay engaged with residents" and is out talking to them every day.

-- Nikita Stewart

By Christopher Dean Hopkins  |  February 4, 2010; 9:08 AM ET
Categories:  2010 District Election , Mayor Fenty , Nikita Stewart
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Utah senator tries to block D.C. same-sex marriage
Next: Fenty seeks to modernize D.C. purchasing rules

Comments

He also hasn't had a chance to ready anything except the checks and greeting cards the developers send him. Thank GOD for Nats stadium and those jillions of condos in dc since he came around. Where would our stellar sportsmen play?

Posted by: FiatBooks | February 4, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

And he wonders why people hate him. He's a either a fool or a liar--or both.

Posted by: PepperDr | February 4, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

He's a idiot. I didn't like him the first time around. I don't like him now. The only good thing he's done (at least judging on news articles, test scores, etc.) is start to turn our pathetic public school system around. Is there a formidable opponent? Marie Johns, can you run again?!?!

Posted by: MFlav106 | February 4, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Our school system is still pathetic so he really hasn't done anything.

Posted by: Robmic812 | February 4, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

I sent the Washington Post article to King Fenty by email. He might have deleted it, because sometimes the truth hurts. It's time for Mayor Adrian M. Fenty to go. He have divided D.C. by race and class. Fenty have pandered to wealthy whites and white educated gays in D.C.

Posted by: KappaNupe | February 4, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

"He have divided D.C. by race and class."

Really? I'm white and my balck neighbors hate him just as much as I do. If anything, he's a UNITER, not a divider.

Posted by: MACCHAMPS04 | February 4, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

We all know Fenty reads anything written about himself. Saying he did not have time to read it, makes me laugh!! Does he think we are that gullible and actually believe him? He's a joke!

Posted by: DCWatcher3 | February 5, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

This is the same liar that was on Fox 5 yesterday and claimed that he had not heard that DC workers were upset about the DC governemnt being open when WMATA was running on a limited basis. It's time for Fenty to go.

Posted by: loved1 | February 9, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse