Rhee campaigning for Fenty?

Washington Post Editors

Sometime this summer, you might answer a knock at your door to find Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee standing there, ready to tell you what a swell job Mayor Adrian M. Fenty has done, Bill Turque reports on D.C. Schools Insider.

But if she follows the legal advice she's received, she'll introduce herself as plain old "Michelle Rhee," without "Chancellor" or any other mention of her role as head the District's public school system. That's because the Hatch Act, the federal law that regulates political activity by D.C. government employees, bans the use of official titles or positions while campaigning.

Read the full post here.

By Washington Post Editors  |  June 21, 2010; 9:00 AM ET
Categories:  2010 District Election , Bill Turque,Education , Mayor Fenty
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Takoma pool closure plan changes after protests
Next: D.C. launches test of open-source online voting

Comments

Why not she is already lying to District voters that she will stick around once Mayor Fenty is elected.
Sure my husband to be lives on the other side of the country.

Is more powerful than Mayor Fenty and can get me a job but with his city or national but I will stay here.

Please ignore that I travel there weekly (until the campaign) and am only in Washington maybe 4 days of the week--but my commitment is here in DC and this is not a campaign ploy.

Posted by: Fatmanny | June 21, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Good call, Fatmammy. Pretty much.

Posted by: MACCHAMPS04 | June 21, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Oh that I lived in DC rather than Virginia. If she knocked on my door, what a delight that would be. She is only in town Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because of the regular trips to Sacramento.

What is funnier? Her campaigning for Fenty or that she'll be the first lady of Sacramento?

Posted by: southyrndiva | June 21, 2010 7:13 PM | Report abuse

It is amazing how much reader of these blogs know about the lives of our cities leaders. If I didn't know better, I would swear they are pulling these stories out of their backsides.

It is a wonder that any reasonable person would ever dedicate their lives to public service. It has to be the most thankless job in the world.

For Fenty, no good deed goes unpunished by our venerable old guard machine. When I was younger, I never understood when people would call Jesse Jackson a poverty pimp; I get it now.

If Blacks ditch the victim mentality...Grays and Barrys of the world would be out of a job. Because, they would be forced to produce something. As is, they rely getting people upset about what they "don't"have.

DC teabaggers!

Posted by: politicalrealist | June 22, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

What "old guard" have been punishing Fenty. I'm not from DC, the meetings I've attended from concerned citizens aren't all from DC. So it would behoove Fenty supporters and political realists to stop peddling crap to those who disagree with you.

The "new" guard of DC, those largely responsible for Fenty's inauguration are unhappy with Fenty. The gentrifiers, urbanites, old, middle aged, well off, income limited, unions, organizations ETC..ALL have problems with Fenty. So please stop pimping the public with this silly "Fenty or Gray/Barry" crap because crap (and all the smell it entails) is what you are pushing.

That is a political reality. Stop pimping!

Posted by: dcis1 | June 22, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I didn't think DC could elect anyone as corrupt as Barry again, but Fenty has outdone him in just one term! I doubt Rhee will be doing any door-to-door; she's not big on talking to people she can't fire or who aren't doing puff-pieces like the Post Ed. Board. She wouldn't dare set foot in my nieghborhood; she'd be chased awy by angry parents.

Posted by: mcstowy | June 22, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse