Rhee rallies voters for Fenty

Multiplatform Editor

Hoping to help Mayor Adrian M. Fenty get reelected, Schools Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee told a crowd of supporters Saturday morning at a rally that the District is a "different city" under his leadership and that improvements in the school system and in economic development cannot continue without him.

Rhee, limited in her political activity by a federal law, told the crowd at Broad Branch Market in Chevy Chase that she was speaking as a "private citizen."

The market is within walking distance of Chevy Chase Community Center, one of four satellite polling sites throughout the city that opened at 8:30 a.m. Saturday for early voting. Fenty led the crowd of supporters in a march to the community center. As of 9:30, 125 people had taken numbers to vote.

By 10 a.m., about 600 people had voted at all five polling sites, including the Board of Elections and Ethics headquarters at Judiciary Square, said Alysoun McLaughlin, elections board spokeswoman. The number was expected to continue to grow with steady streams of voters at Chevy Chase Community Center in Ward 3 and Turkey Thicket Recreation Center in Ward 5. By 11:30 a.m., 280 voters had gone through Turkey Thicket while 382 had cast ballots at Chevy Chase.

Fenty trails his chief opponent, Council Chairman Vincent C. Gray, by double digits among Democrats in a Washington Post poll. He has centered his reelection bid on a promise to retain Rhee as chancellor, but the poll showed that invoking Rhee becomes a virtual wash among potential voters. Of those polled, as many like Rhee's performance as disapprove of her work when asked whether she provides a reason to vote for Fenty.

The poll revealed racial and geographical divisions. Fenty's support is strongest among whites and Ward 3 residents. The crowd at Broad Branch was predominantly white: Parents and children, clad in Fenty's campaign color green, cheered for him and for Rhee.

Gray has refused to say whether he would retain Rhee as chancellor if he is elected.

As a resident, Rhee began her address to the crowd not with reference to schools but by talking about economic development.

She said she and her fiance, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, recently had dinner at Ray's the Steaks, which opened a branch in Ward 7. She said Johnson ended up talking to patrons at another table "all the way from Bethesda."

"Four years ago, we would have never seen this kind of progress," she said.

She shared a personal story, saying her older daughter met a transfer student from the private Maret School at Alice Deal Middle School. She said the student's mother "was tired of paying $30,000 a year. ... She hoped this one [school] had gotten fixed," Rhee said.

"What I want to be very, very clear about is that the work is not done yet. The only way we are going to continue the progress we've seen is to reelect this man here."

Taking a cue from Fenty's campaign message, Rhee also said the mayor had made tough decisions against the "status quo" that led to "push back." She also acknowledged that he has made mistakes.

"He owns those mistakes and is committed to moving forward," Rhee said.

Fenty told the crowd that he has improved schools and recreation centers all over the city. "If you go to Ward 8, it's almost a mirror image," he said, adding that the new Deanwood Recreation Center in Ward 7 is now the largest in the city.

He also told the crowd that "early voting is priming the pump."

"We get those higher numbers, and we win on September 14th," Fenty said.

In front of the community center, Fenty became more animated when his supporters had to share the sidewalk with Gray supporters. A lone Gray supporter disrupted the Fenty rally with children placing Fenty stickers on his Gray T-shirt.

At the community center, police officers and elections board spokeswoman McLaughlin reported no significant incidents. Gray supporters accused Fenty and those who marched from the rally of violating a rule by standing closer than 50 feet to the polling site.

Erik Kvalsik, a Fenty supporter with 7-year-old twins at Lafayette Elementary School, said improvements in schools were not the only reasons to vote for Fenty. "It's citywide progress," he said. "I hate to see it interrupted."

Carol Seitz, mother of two school-age children in private school, said she has been impressed with progress at Lafayette, Deal and Wilson High School. "I'm open to the idea [of public school] where I wasn't four years ago," she said.

In an interview, Rhee said she would continue to campaign for the mayor as needed on weekends and after work. During the interview, a woman interrupted, "I want you to be on the ballot."

By Nikita Stewart  |  September 4, 2010; 11:45 AM ET
Categories:  2010 District Election  | Tags: adrian fenty, dc mayor, dc mayoral race, michelle rhee
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rhee to join Fenty in rally Saturday morning
Next: Gray stumps for votes at Eastern Market

Comments

You are right Rhee, the district is a "different city" under his leadership and as soon as you finish putting the finishing touches of sealing the fate of this mayor, pack your bags, get on your broom and seal the fate of another mayor out west.

Posted by: candycane1 | September 4, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

What about the Hatch-ACT?

Posted by: marylight | September 4, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

This is one tiny enclave in DC so it is giving Fenty (and Rhee) false hope.

I don't know why Fenty thinks early voting is "priming the pump." What's happening is that Gray voters are voting early as well and are outvoting Fenty by a wide margin I'm sure.

I highly doubt Rhee and Johnson ran into people at Ray's from Bethesda. What a crock! Perhaps they live in Bethesda and were visiting family in Ward 7. I highly doubt suburbanites in Bethesda came all the way into ward 7 for a steak.

As for the woman who sent her child to Maret and now to DCPS: Where the hall have you been? Why didn't you enroll your child a long time ago and fight for change?

As for Carol Seitz whose children are in private school and considering DCPS: do us all a favor and keep them there.

To both of you: If you're that confident in DCPS, how about both of you, Fenty and Rhee going out-of-boundary and enrolling your children in schools east of the Anacostia River? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Fenty's done and so is Rhee. This was a farewell tour, not a rally.

Posted by: UrbanDweller | September 4, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Some of the residence of DC (mostly blacks), want to maintain the status quo of the mediocre years of Fenty's predecessors. They don't want the progressive changes to their low expectations, corrupt and incompetent government. They have become so accustom to ineptitude and malfeasance, they don't feel they deserve better. They want to go backwards, not forwards. Who knew, their were "BLACK TEABAGGERS"!!!???

Posted by: demtse | September 4, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

We did our own analysis regarding the election issue of DC contracts to friends of Adrian Fenty and here's what we found out with 'NO SPIN'. Fenty asked why the Washington Post wasn't supplied with this in a timely manner so here you go WaPo. Check it out and decide for yourself, then pass it on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUUHQWdNj8
Please vote responsibly.

Posted by: jobforce | September 4, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Notice that the reporter says the word "crowd" three times in the first three paragraphs without ever mentioning the size of the crowd.

The first mention of numbers come when saying how many people had signed in to vote at the Chevy Chase Center and citywide at different times of the morning.

Very clever - I'm learning a lot about how to mislead people without out-and-out lying, just by reading Post coverage of the mayoral campaign and school reform.

By repeating "crowd" and then mentioning specific numbers, the reader naturally puts the two concepts together, even though nowhere does it say it was a large crowd or give an estimate of the size of the crowd. CLEVER. I wonder if reporters learn those sorts of obfuscation techniques in journalism school, or if they pick it up on the job at WaPo.

By the way, I was there – observing unobtrusively from across the street – and would put the crowd at about 100 adults (plus some kids) at its highest point. I counted a generous 80 when I first arrived at about 8:10, and the crowd grew, but not by much, after that. Fenty and Rhee arrived around 8:30. Some people were not part of the rally, but were just out buying produce.

I don’t know how many marched together to the community center, but I’d say at least a half peeled off from the group when the rally ended.

Posted by: efavorite | September 4, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Oh, well now that I know what RHEE thinks I should do, I can go vote. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to make up my mind in time enough to vote on Sept 14th.

NOOOOOOOOOOT!

Who gives a rats behind what she thinks. Didn't she already announce to the world in Time magazine or some such that if we elect Grey, she wouldn't stay? Well I thought the polls were clear enough. Grey will be elected, Fenty is out... so why isn't she packing up to head to sacramento already. GOSH!!!

Posted by: tformation1 | September 4, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I hope someone on this blog can help me with the below.

There is something that I am not quite understanding about Rhee.

Fenty keeps asking Gray why won't he commit as to whether or not he will keep Rhee.

I am going over and over this in my mind.

First of all if I am a chancellor for the DC public school which means to me that I work for the DC government, why I am ralling for a particular mayor if I have any plans at all in staying.

Ms. Rhee has gone as far as to say that she will not stay if Gray wins. If I am Mr. Gray why would I want her to stay. To me its like keeping someone who does not like you and have no interest in all at staying if you become major.

When I look at it further, I put myself in that situation. If I have an employee who is campaigning against me, would I want to keep him/her. I don't think so.

My question is how can you work as chancellor for DC public school which I consider is a conflict of interest, and not breaking the Hatch laws?

Posted by: samvped205 | September 4, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Private school kids have routinely been transferred to/from Deal and Wilson for years, as the schools were among the better choices in fine neighborhoods long before Rhee came to town. There is always a sprinkling, often because private schools (unlike public) can un-invite students who aren't up to the schools standards academically and there is little choice, or the kids tire of the small private environments. For parents with options there are two typical tracks: "front-loading" in privates and then moving them into the more diverse and real world of a good DCPS or going the other route (more common), staying active in their DCPS during the primary years and investing in private as the kids tire of the test-drilling and large class sizes. To slam Maret as a campaign tactic is really meaningless. And Deal is hardly a leap of faith, it's just like a private school in many respects.

Posted by: modern1 | September 4, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

JOBFORCE.....

Thanks for posting that youtube video. VERY INFORMATIVE!!! I have to admit that although you have posted it numerous times, this is the first I have seen it. I could tell by the voices that it was Catania (I think) and the city administrator speaking. Please add the hearing, names, dates an a little more info with your next post....

Catania reads the DC Law that says if the Mayor enters into a contract over a mil without submitting that contract to the council for approval, the contract is then deemed illegal.

Well if that's the case, how can Peter Nickles settle with banneker/omar and say there is no way he can represent the city because we did indeed breech the contract when the council cancelled it. It wasn't a legal contract without council approval!!!

Posted by: tformation1 | September 4, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

demtseome of the residence of DC (mostly blacks), want to maintain the status quo of the mediocre years of Fenty's predecessors. They don't want the progressive changes to their low expectations, corrupt and incompetent government. They have become so accustom to ineptitude and malfeasance, they don't feel they deserve better. They want to go backwards, not forwards. Who knew, their were "BLACK TEABAGGERS"!!!???

Keep pushing the racial divide and see how your boy will benefit from your strategy.

Gray all the way.

please Rhee come to wards 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Posted by: guylady201001 | September 4, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

"Rhee rallies voters for Fenty"

Rhee's "rallying for Fenty" (good grief, she's his biggest problem) and Fenty's wife's tearful post-debate defense of him -- in a British accent, LOL -- have eliminated any chance of Fenty catching up to Gray in the final week.

______

Mayor Gray, do you want your new drapes blue or red?

Posted by: broadwayjoe | September 4, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I have had the best Saturday blog reading in many months. I laughed out loud for real! @samvped205, you are right. Rhee is breaking the Hatch Laws, in the real world that we live in. However in Fenty's Fantasy Land, she is not. LOL
@tformation1, Excellent points, "who gives a rats' behind. I know I don't.
Guys keep up the good work.

Posted by: fivetogo | September 4, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

She has been campaigning all along. She has been visiting law offices and businesses talking to employees. So unlike Michelle Fenty, she has been there.

Now lets talk about the new strategy of the week. First it was Go Go, second, it was apologizing for failures, third it was drag a reluctant and ignored wife out of the closet and have her plead to the voters...let's see, what will next week's strategy be.

Posted by: topryder1 | September 4, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

The only thing Gray supporters need to do to win this thing is to get up, get out AND VOTE. With early voting centers opened all over the city, there is no valid reason for anyone not to exercise their voting rights.

I voted this morning at Hine Middle School and the process is very smooth.

I got there early so, though there were plenty of signs everywhere, the only candidate present was Vincent Orange.

What is evident to me, however, is that Gray supporters cannot take anything for granted. The Fenty Machine is going to throw everything they have at this election. We all know that AMF is not unaccustomed to dancing perilously on the edges of the law.

Again, do your part and VOTE!!!

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | September 4, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Concernedaboutdc:

You said the process was smooth. Were you at all concerned? I recall the issues with electronic voting in the presidential elections of 2000 and 2004. They were not widely reported, but many claim those machines could be rigged. You might say I'm somewhat jaded.

I volunteer for Gray's campaign and have every intention of voting. I simply cannot shake my mistrust of those machines...and I definitely would not put it past Fenty to do everything in his power to compromise the process.

In short, some of us have serious reservations about the early voting process, especially considering that this is D.C.'s first time. Call me terribly old fashioned, but I'm waiting until the day of and will be using a paper ballot. I speak only for me, though, and my comfort level.

Posted by: vscribe | September 4, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

How does she know how different the city is, good, bad or otherwise, given that she only landed here three years ago? Vince nailed it when he said that school reform is MORE than just one person. It takes a total commitment, which includes the Mayor, Council, teachers, administrators and the Chancellor.

And let's not forget that King Fenty vehemently opposed Anthony Williams' attempt to take over schools in 2000, people.

Posted by: ssmd11 | September 4, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

...By the way, I was there – observing unobtrusively from across the street – and would put the crowd at about 100 adults (plus some kids) at its highest point...

Posted by: efavorite | September 4, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

_________________________________________

100 people? How embarassing! Welcome to your future Adrian and Michelle, smoke, mirrors, what ifs....
She must be a puddle of tears after this debacle.

And how is that Rhee can just trample all over the Hatch Act when many I have known have been made to suffer so much around it?
There is no way this would beem considered allowable. She must be proscecuted for this regardless of the outcome of the election. Who do she and her former fiancee think they are?

Posted by: SoCali | September 4, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

It's a win-win for Rhee. Fenty loses she stays. If he loses, she goes to Sacramento.

BTW, the Hatch Act doesn't apply to political appointees.

Posted by: mortified469 | September 4, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

"A lone Gray supporter disrupted the Fenty rally with children placing Fenty stickers on his Gray T-shirt."

I've read this sentence over and over again, and it still doesn't make any sense. The Gray supporter disrupted the rally by having children place Fenty stickers on his own Gray T-shirt? Or the rally RESPONDED to the Gray supporter by having children place stickers on his Gray T-shirt? How did Nikita Stewart get a job at on of America's preeminent papers with writing like that?

Posted by: asuka1 | September 4, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

I've received an email from the attorney general saying that I could not campaign for a candidate because it violates the Hatch Act and as a teacher I am a government employee. However, it is ok for the CHANCELLOR to do it?

"Earlier, council member Muriel Bowser (D-Ward 4) used Rhee's title when introducing her, but Fenty steered clear of calling her the chancellor."

As if that makes a difference---give me a break!

Well speaking as a "private citizen" I look forward to the "different city" we will have under the leadership of Mayor Gray!

Posted by: DCNative613 | September 4, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

mortified469,

"The Hatch Act does exempt certain employees (fed) appointed by the President (Obama) with the advice and consent of the Senate and those paid from an appropriation for the Executive Office of the President."

Rhee wasn't appointed by the President of the United States of American; therefore, she must comply with the Hatch Act.

Posted by: GoldCoast | September 4, 2010 11:28 PM | Report abuse

It is really sad that someone who is suppose to focus on kids getting a quality education is now engaging in the mud of politic and your hands are too dirty now. If you think that Mr. Gray would want you to stay now, you should start packing now since you have shown your hand. What about campaigning in the wards where the majority of kids who attend dc public schools live? Are you afraid?

Posted by: bill121 | September 5, 2010 12:20 AM | Report abuse

Here's what happened - one guy with a Gray sign and a loud voice was calling out from across the street from the rally. A Fenty guy was passing out Fenty stickers to kids standing around there. The kids then acted like they were patting the guy's back, but were actually putting stickers on the back of his shirt.

I don't know if it was the kids idea or if their parents put them up to it. They wee little kids. I told the guy what was happening and started removing the stickers. He took one of them and repositioned it between his legs.

Posted by: efavorite | September 5, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: efavorite | September 5, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse

The Post's cynical, divisive coverage and editorials regarding the mayoral and council campaigns on the pole-dancing heels of the Post's own plaster cast for the Salahis' stardom reflects the incredible power and influence of FOX "News," "Reality" TV and pack-rat, shallow, tabloid journalism at its worst.

We, the Readers, deserve an alternative to this paper's shabby attempts.

I can only imagine the private conversations in your newsroom and editorial offices behind the scenes and the whispers among staffers after work.

Posted by: EastofthePark | September 5, 2010 1:53 AM | Report abuse

So, kids were putting Fenty stickers on a Gray supporter's shirt, right?

I cannot believe that these kids were acting on their own. I do not believe Folks in Ward 3 would let their children approach strangers with out their permission. I do believe that this is just the kind of thing Fenty's workers would do.

Posted by: guylady201001 | September 5, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Washington Examiner said….Number of D.C. Schools Meeting National Standards PLUNGES!

It’s time for Michelle Rhee and Mayor Fenty’s experiment on DCPS to end:

1. 8 out of 87 DCPS elementary schools met their DC CAS AYP targets

2. 2 out of 34 middle and high schools met their DC CAS AYP targets

Over the past 3 years the number of DCPS Schools NOT meeting their DC CAS National Targets has increased since Mayor Fenty hired school Chancellor, Michelle Rhee. Rhee continues to recruit unqualified (TFA’s)and un-credentialed folks to teach and run our schools (New Leaders). The above facts speak for themselves.

September 14th…….DC parents will make the needed change happen. Fenty & Rhee must go!

Posted by: hello101 | September 5, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

A commenter posted an audio of Rhee and I can’t believe Rhee admitted to abusing children when she was a teacher in Baltimore! To silence 2nd graders-- African American babies-- she placed MASKING TAPE on their mouths.

Rhee tells this story to her new Teach America hirees and they find it hilarious. She then elaborates on how she told them to pull off the MASKING TAPE and their mouths were bleeding and they were yelling and crying.

Rhee and her new employees found this sadistic, abusive act towards African American children to be quite funny. If this happened to one of her daughters, I know Rhee would have had the teacher terminated.

The gall of Rhee to make false child abuse claims against DC teachers, when in fact, she’s the one with the questionable past. I can’t believe Baltimore School System didn’t fire her!

Rhee would have never placed MASKING TAPE on the mouths of children from Wards 2 & 3. She would have placed them in the “naughty corner.”

PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO THE AUDIO; YOU WILL BE IN DISBELIEF !!

Also, please repost this so others can hear what Rhee is capable of and what she finds amusing.

HERE’S THE LINK:

Posted by: GoldCoast | September 5, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

@Efavorite not between the legs...great comeback!

@hello1O1 can you please post the link?

@ fivetogo...so agree! The comments are the best. I'v heard from many folks that they now skim the post stories and head to the comment section

Posted by: thelildiva4u | September 5, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Parents should have sued Rhee when she abused their children by placing masking tape on their mouths. Her misadventures in education would have been over.

Listen to the audio of Rhee talking to first year teachers.

Why wasn’t Rhee fired in Baltimore?

Posted by: nfsbrrpkk | September 5, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

If folks have time I would suggest listening or watchung thur or fri show of democracy now. The topic was about public education and of course 2hee was mentioned several time (not in a good way). I didn't know that arne ducan didn't have any degree in any educatiinal field. The more that I learn the more that I realize that this is all a big joke.

Also about early voting. I heaee from a friend who will be a poll worker that they were trained not ask for ID's or any type of information that verfied that they were a dc resident. This is when somone is doing same day regeristion

Posted by: thelildiva4u | September 5, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

You have got to be joking! The school chancellor is campaigning for the Mayor?

I was undecided with a lean towards Fenty before hearing Rhee open her mouth. She is terrible and should be fired!!

Now it is anybody but Fenty!! I will vote, donate and work for a Gray victory!!

Posted by: dropem95 | September 5, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

nfsbrrpkk,

I listened to the audio of Rhee telling first year teachers how she placed masking tape on her students’ mouths and how they were bleeding when the mask tape was yanked-off.

Un-freakin-believable! Does anyone know if Rhee was charged with child abuse?

Here's the link; listen to how Rhee jokes about it:

Posted by: GoldCoast | September 5, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Someone help me understand the voters in DC: Crime is down, real estate market is expanding, enrollment in DCPS is rising, teachers are being evaluated and celebrated with bonuses, principals are being held accountable, schools are finally opening without incident, millions of dollars have been saved by closing down under-enrolled schools and DCPS student performance is on the rise--at least on average in the last 3 years-- and the voters want to fire Fenty?? Don't get me wrong I am well aware of his arrogance and croneyism...but would you rather have a politician in office who delivers results and is arrogant or a guy everybody loves who can't get a thing done and is beholden to union idiots and ineffective teachers??..See Vincent Gray...This was supposed to be a rhetorical question...

I thought this city was a joke when it reelected a convicted felon who was on drugs (who has been on the city council ever since)...but this is almost too ridiculous to utter...the voters of DC are about to fire a successful mayor and replace him with an over the hill, out of touch councilman with no agenda,no plan and no results-now that's change we can believe in!

Posted by: teacher6402 | September 5, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

efavorite: thanx for on-the-scene reporting.

It would be more believable if we thought you lived in the District. Most teachers do not, as you know.

Posted by: axolotl | September 5, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

to teacher6402: First of all, in a democracy, the ends don't justify the means.

Second of all, we need to really examine if all those "improvements" are actually attributable to Fenty.

Crime is down nationwide so I don't credit Fenty with that.

Enrollment is up in DCPS but is it because of Fenty/Rhee or because parents can no longer afford to put their children in private schools in DC and are now opting for DCPS?

Yes, teachers are being evaluated but the question is, is the instrument being used fair and is it being applied equitably? There is no data to determine if IMPACT really does distinguish between ineffective and effective teachers. There's also a question as to whether veteran (and therefore more expensive teachers) are being "IMPACTed out" of the system in favor of younger, inexperienced TFA and DCTF teachers who are NOT certified.

IMPACT was rolled out on a Friday with one day of training and fully implemented the following Monday. Fair? I think not.

Also, for some teachers, upwards of 55% of their evaluation is dependent on student test scores. All the research by quality educational experts say that that is far too high and that high stakes decisions should NOT be made based on student test scores because they are unreliable.

Furthermore, teachers rated "highly effective" have yet to receive those bonuses nor do we know how much the bonus will be.

In addition, teachers have yet to receive the 3 years back pay promised in the contract.

The results of Rhee's "reforms" are in question since test scores dropped in the spring. After 3 years of her "reforms," now is the time we should be seeing real and dramatic improvements but we're not.

The rising graduation rate is also questionable since the formula used in in question. How can you NOT count students who have dropped out?

The achievement gap--something Rhee is adamant about closing--has risen under her "leadership."

As for all the school buildings built and renovated, this master facilities plan was in place under Janey and the money made available under him as well. It was not devised by Rhee. Credit Alan Lew with executing it.

I could go on, but I think you're getting the picture now.

There is a lot of misinformation out there being spun by Fenty and Rhee.

Posted by: UrbanDweller | September 6, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

teacher 6402 - not even the washington post propaganda which you spout so well describes Chairman Gray in the negative the way you do.

Thanks, Unbandweller, for providing accurate information.

Posted by: efavorite | September 6, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Below is a link to a speech by Michelle Rhee where she talks about taping shut the mouths of Black children' to keep them quiet, where she and the audience laugh that the removal of the tape caused the little children's mouths to bleed and sharing in laughter that she left a child with a stranger because the child could not give his address.

Rhee would have never placed MASKING TAPE on the mouths of children from Wards
2 & 3. She would have placed them in the “naughty corner.”

This is outrageous. If she had done this to white or Asian children she would have been summarily dismissed. If she had done it to a child related to me, she would have been roundly...well, I think you know.

HERE’S THE LINK:

Posted by: lacairaine | September 6, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

GRAY IS GIVING DEALS TO HIS OWN BOYS.. CRONYISM A ITS BEST.

Not to mention Gray is in bed with the disgrace BARRY.

Posted by: Jack52 | September 6, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse