Nickles wants court to enforce subpoena for Team Thomas records
Attorney General Peter Nickles is asking the Superior Court to expeditiously enforce a subpoena he issued last week for the records of Team Thomas, the nonprofit of D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. now under scrutiny.
Nickles, who will leave his post when Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) leaves office in January, said he wants to finish what he started in looking at the finances of the group that has collected $200,000 in contributions since 2008.
Though Thomas turned over some records in response to an earlier subpoena, Nickles now wants more detailed information of the fundraising. "It's important that his be completed under my tenure," Nickles said. "This is a serious issue of public trust."
Thomas, who has accused Nickles of retaliating after Thomas has led council probes into city contracts with ties to Fenty, said he was not surprised by Nickles's latest move. "I knew he was going to try to go to court," he said. "We're in compliance. We've given him everything he's asked for."
Nikita R Stewart
| December 2, 2010; 4:11 PM ET
Tags: Adrian M. Fenty, Harry Thomas Jr, Peter Nickles
Save & Share: Previous: D.C. judicial nominees stuck in Senate logjam
Next: Leila Finucane Edmonds will leave D.C. Department of Housing and Community Development
Posted by: UndecidedVoter | December 6, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse