E-mail Bill | RSS Feed | In-depth coverage: Education Page | Follow The Post's education coverage: Twitter | Facebook

For Rhee, there's Fenty, KJ but no shades of Gray

The two mayors who figure so prominently in Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee's life--the one she's engaged to and the one she works for--both surfaced in her breakfast talk to an adoring audience of business and political leaders Thursday morning.

Toward the end of her session with the Institute for Education at the Washington Club, Rhee said that a bi-coastal marriage "was one of the pre-conditions" to accepting Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson's proposal.

"Kevin has incredibly important work to do in Sacramento, and I have equally important work here," she said. "For us, the bi-coastal thing works."

Rhee had spent most of the previous hour happily taking Q & A about teacher evaluations, the new labor contract and healthy school food. But she ducked one of the central questions of the mayoral campaign: would she work in a Gray administration if asked.

"I'm not going to wade into that political minefield now," she said.

D.C. Council Chairman Vincent C. Gray has been unwaveringly noncommittal about retaining Rhee if he wins. She clearly sees no point in engaging the issue right now. Instead, she paid her usual tribute to her other mayor, Adrian M. Fenty (D), who brought her to the District three years ago.

"There's nothing that would have been possible," she said, without his support.

Follow D.C. Schools Insider every day at washingtonpost.com/dcschools.
And for admissions advice, college news and links to campus papers,
please check out our new Higher Education page at washingtonpost.com/higher-ed.
Bookmark it!

By Bill Turque  |  May 13, 2010; 5:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: WTU: Two votes, one fine mess
Next: Special ed transportation: addendum

Comments

Sounds like: four more years, if the three upcoming votes turn out as expected. Even if not, you can bet a Mayor Gray would keep Ms. Rhee because he has supported her quite consistently in the Council, as have the majority of members.

Posted by: axolotl | May 13, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Why no mention of how large the adoring audience was?

Posted by: efavorite | May 13, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Gray could win the primary in a landslide with one promise: "If elected I will appoint only competent professionals to important leadership roles in my administration." that means dummies like Rhee, Lanier and Reinoso, among others, would have to go.

Posted by: mcstowy | May 13, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Rhee surrounded by two mayors, an alleged child molester and a certified fool, is just great.

I can’t wait to vote in September.

Posted by: fmurray200111 | May 13, 2010 7:55 PM | Report abuse

Having read the mission statement of the Institute for Education, one has to wonder why Rhee was asked to speak.

According to the IFE mission statement on their website states "IFE convenes political, business, media, and community leaders at the highest levels to encourage collaboration and foster civility."

Collaboration and civility are two terms Rhee knows nothing about.

Posted by: fmurray200111 | May 13, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

I thought Rhee said collaboration was overrated.

Posted by: resc | May 13, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

I thought Rhee said collaboration was overrated.

Posted by: resc | May 13, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Gray could get elected by promising to replace Rhee.

Posted by: resc | May 13, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse

"Kevin has incredibly important work to do in Sacramento"

Yes, it takes a lot of incredibly hard work to screw up Sacrameno.

Posted by: aby1 | May 14, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

If Gray thought a promise to replace Rhee was a winning slogan, he'd have used it on day one. The fact is half of DC support Rhee and more than that support what she's trying to accomplish, even if they wouldn't want her over for dinner on Friday nights.

Posted by: horacemann | May 14, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Gosh Bill, there's a whole city full of schools I'd like to learn a lot more about, but you opted instead to deliver us a valuable report on some gossipy political non-comments Michelle Rhee made over breakfast. I'm really glad you're out there reporting the education news, fella! Next time make sure you let us in on what kind of shoes she was wearing.

Posted by: HarpoDC | May 14, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Ha, I love it how people think Gray could make a dent in the DC voting populace by suggesting he'd replace Rhee. I spoke to a Gray supporter on the street who steadfastly REFUSED to tell me that Gray would fire Rhee because his campaign would collapse on the spot.

The big lie in these blogs is that Michelle Rhee is not intensely popular with the DCPS parents. She is beloved amongst parents who were in utter fear that little Jimmy or Janey might get stuck with that-4th-grade-teacher-who-does-the-word-searches-all-day but then Michelle Rhee fired her and they brought in a good teacher so now there are two good 4th grade teachers, one young and one old. If people don't understand why the DC Voters love Michelle Rhee they simply know nothing about DC.

this reminds me of 3 teachers I talked to in 2007. They were complaining about mayor Fenty, really angry about all the changes to DCPS. I was new to DCPS and expected that teachers were educated and took their jobs seriously, I had no idea that wasn't true, I mean without meeting DCPS teachers no way would I believe so few were qualified to teach. Anyway I asked these teachers who THEY voted for in the election if they didn't like Fenty. My friend amongst the three looked at me and said:

"All of us live in Prince George's County."

Oh. then get the hell out of my city and teach were you live, losers. I am sure, almost 100% sure, that all but three of the anti-Rhee whiners on the WaPo boards live in Maryland and Virginia. they have no idea that she has the mandate of the involved parents who will be the ones guaranteed to show up at the polls.

Posted by: bbcrock | May 14, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

bbcrock: I am a DC resident, DCPS parent, and I evaluate Rhee as unqualified, uncredentialed and lacking all experience. She has no master education plan that I have heard, and takes no responsibility for facilities or budgets. Now she threatens to hand too much control over DCPS to outsider foundations.

So put me down as an anti-Rhee whiner on the WaPo boards who does live in DC, not Maryland or Virginia. Who are the other two?

Posted by: Trulee | May 14, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bbcrock: "Anyway I asked these teachers who THEY voted for in the election if they didn't like Fenty. My friend amongst the three looked at me and said:All of us live in Prince George's County.Oh. then get the hell out of my city and teach were you live, losers.

So now you want to force where teachers can and cannot work. Are you going to fight to implement what they can and cannot buy at the supermarket, what kind of car they must drive?

Conservatives love to have control over what others do with their lives.

Posted by: tazmodious | May 14, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by bbcrock: "Anyway I asked these teachers who THEY voted for in the election if they didn't like Fenty. My friend amongst the three looked at me and said:All of us live in Prince George's County. Oh. then get the hell out of my city and teach were you live, losers."

So now you want to control where teachers can and cannot live. Next you'll be trying to enforce rules on what they can and cannot buy in the supermarket or what kind of car is acceptable.

It is fascinating how conservatives always want control how other people should lead their lives. Talk about being Fascist.

Posted by: tazmodious | May 14, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Horacemann says: "The fact is half of DC support Rhee "

It's less than half and it's down from 80%

Posted by: efavorite | May 14, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

You have to give it to the pro-Rhee posters, they give it their all. Forget the fact that most of their comments are either based on fantasy or outright lies.

These folks remind me of the Tea Party folks and the folks still hunting down Obama's birth certificate. Just say anything and maybe someone will believe some of the bull.

As for teachers who live in MD and VA, many have families that run deep in DC and will remember Fenty’s actions during the next election.

Posted by: bnew100 | May 14, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Why comment, I wouldn't work for the nitwit either....

Posted by: WhitneyDavid | May 14, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Rhee is not going any where she has the support of both the President of the United States and most DC residents. For the past 30 plus years the DC School System has been a joke and its time to clean house. Kids are leaving schools unprepared to enter into the work force and unprepared to enter into college. Rhee has been here 3 years DC has been failing to teach its children for the last 30 years. No magically solution exist but constantly changing who manages your educational system is about as smart as constantly changing your accounting and tax staff. You waste more money and time constantly starting over and nothing ever changes or improves.

Posted by: agarnett1000 | May 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

bbcrock, I live in DC and I'm a DCPS parent and I too am very wary of Rhee. The school are still a mess! She admits it! We love the elementary school our child attends but it seems thanks more in spite of Rhee rather than because of her. the middle school situation is very bad and teh high schools are criminal! Kids are amazingly resilient and can still make a good life for themselves in spite of the terrible conditions at the schools, but these facilities are in serious need of help! She does not inpire folks to do their best -- not to browbeat them into depression.

Posted by: captiolhillmom | May 14, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

bbcrock-- I'm a DC resident and DCPS parent and I agree with Trulee. She should be inspiring teachers to do their best, but instead she is depressing them!

Posted by: captiolhillmom | May 14, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Gray has a problem in that habitual voters are sold on this change agenda. rhee is strongly associated with it in their minds. what Gray should do, but it points right back to him is speak to the shortcomings of the current regime and what dierection he thinks DCPS should go. HE HAS TO HAVE A PLAN!!! The problem is he and the rest of the council rubber stamped everything Fenty wanted and Gray showed no balls except for the Noah wepman debacle. If he has no plan in the area of education, what's the difference between he and fenty. I'm not voting for fenty, but the guy still needs a message to convey.

Posted by: oknow1 | May 14, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

agarnett1000. Name me one thing Obama has said about Rhee since he was elected.

He has said nothing. I've been listening. Nothing.

It's too bad she failed, but she has. Denying it won't help matters. The mistake has been made. Now we need to think about how to avoid making it again, not try to pretend it happened. That's incredibly childish and unproductive.

Posted by: efavorite | May 14, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

tazmodious--until something like 20-25 years ago, by law, all DC govt employees had to live in the District. It was a law passed by us--the citizen/resident/taxpayers. The law has since been changed. It has nothing to do with "conservatives." Jeez.
oknow1--yup, Vince has no plan for ed. And he has been rather consistently supportive of Rhee. I think the two could get along. He won't run on a platform of throwing her out. Major reason: voters are believed to be, on balance, more supportive of her efforts than, say, the typical commenter on these boards.
efavorite--Obama has mentioned Rhee in 1-2 speeches (not recently but since taking office); don't have a link--trust me.

Posted by: axolotl | May 14, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Conservatives love to have control over what others do with their lives.

Posted by: tazmodious
---------------

Tazmodious, see the Ward 7 councilmember's (and a Gray endorser) legislation to require ALL new DC employees above a certain pay grade (and teachers definitely fall into this category even before their raises) live in DC. This is not a conservative agenda item, this is to address DC's employment issues and Congress' refusal to let us have a commuter tax. Why should we give high paying jobs to people who contribute nothing to DC's tax base?

It is great to see that the tone of these comment boards is getting closer to reality. Fenty and Rhee have not had much time to implement changes and for the results from these changes to show up; realist understand what took decades to destroy by through the Barry years cannot be repaired overnight.

Gray knows that he cannot win by publicly proposing to ax Rhee, though I feel he hints heavily that way here in Ward 7. He has done well as council chair with the exception of his relationship with Fenty. However, I don't recall seeing a dramatic turnaround at the Dept of Human Services under his tenure, so I can't see him having the hoped-for dramatic turnaround at DCPS.

Posted by: streff | May 14, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Streff - Fenty and Rhee have had three years to turn things around and they have only made things worse.

Regarding a "dramatic turn-around" - we're seeing plenty of drama, but not improvement.

Posted by: efavorite | May 15, 2010 6:25 AM | Report abuse

efavorite. Major change is always wrenching, usually hotly opposed by both intelligent people and complete know-nothings who tend to be loud, while the masses of affected people watch and wait with varying levels of anxiety. If you think Rhee can turn around in three years 30 years of professional mismanagement, disgraceful political behavior concerning the schools, a union gone wild (before its current implosion), no effort to cull the teacher set of underperformers, and attacks on Rhee from the beginning by people who prefer status quo and have race-based and other scores to settle, you are not being realistic--at all. Once the TA passes and the union gets through its pre-seppaku stage and the mayoral primary concludes, there might be a renewed chance of improvement. Parents and citizen-taxpayers are not going to wait for parental improvements, the end of poverty, or the conclusion of lifetime tenure of all teachers. Ask any valid sampling of parents and taxpayers --or even an honest sampling of teachers (preferably living in DC), and you will understand how true this is.

Posted by: axolotl | May 15, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Here are Rhee and Fenty on PBS 11/19/07, four months into her job as Chancellor:

Rhee: “…people come up to me, and they say, "Thank goodness you're doing this. You can't do it quick enough. Don't give up."

Fenty: “The wheels are in motion for action, and the time for dramatic change begins today.”

Posted by: efavorite | May 15, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

efavorite: you sound so self-satisfied for trying your best to block change, at least with words. Are you sincerely satisfied with the way things were when Rhee showed up?

Posted by: axolotl | May 15, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse

I was not satisfied with how things were when Rhee got here and I am appalled at how things are now.

Posted by: efavorite | May 15, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

I think you people are probably being too critical of Ms. Rhee, after all she is trying to accomplish an IMPOSSIBLE TASK. No school district anywhere in the world has ever managed to get Black students to perform at the level of White or Asian students, so why are we surprised that Ms. Rhee has so far failed to accomplish the impossible? Of course the reason Rhee's task is impossible is because academic achievement is highly dependent upon a certain mental trait known as general cognitive ability (IQ-type intelligence) and it is a well-established scientific fact that Blacks tend to have lower levels of general cognitive ability. The average IQ of Blacks is ~85 compared to Whites at ~100 and Rhee's own ethnoracial group (East Asians) have average IQ of ~106.

Rhee is trying all the new trendy approaches such as linking class test score performance to teacher pay (no doubt this will result in even more widespread cheating and distortion of test results) and Rhee has tried to placate the White parents by "fixing up" Hardy Middle School to better meet their expectations. Nevertheless Rhee will fail to manage to get Blacks to become as smart as Whites--because realistically the ethnoracial group IQ differences can not be overcome. We all know that this is true, but most of us are just too politically correct to admit it.

Posted by: rifraf | May 15, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

To all those who are saying that we haven't given Michelle Rhee enough time: Her predecessor, Clifford Janey, was widely considered to be doing a good job--for instance, Michelle Rhee hasn't made any substantive changes to the curriculum and standards he put in place; the only real criticism was that he wasn't moving fast enough, and that our children didn't have time to wait. He was superintendent for less than three years.

Posted by: berniehorn | May 16, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

Three cheers for Dr. Cliff Janey. His curriculum initiative was nice contribution. But he was not able to accomplish too many other things: could not deal effectively w union to establish evaluation; could not navigate at all the excess school closing issue; let the CO headcount surge and waste; could not accomplish anything w out of control sped, and many other things.

Posted by: axolotl | May 16, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

axolotl:
"Teachers seem ever so hesitant and silent on what their responsibility is."

I wonder if axolotl goes into church and demands the priest say whether or not they abuse children.

"let the CO headcount surge and waste"
Like hiring 13 more deputy superintendents?

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 16, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

philly,

huff and puff and try as you might, you can't turn my straightforward query into a "have you stopped beating your wife?" question. The teachers are civil servants, are in a profession, have a prescribed curriculum and have been taught methods before certification. Furthermore, they have a contract. For them to either be unable or unwilling to tell the parents and kids and citizens and taxpayers what responsibility for education they accept is, many would say, unacceptable.

Posted by: axolotl | May 16, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

"For them to either be unable or unwilling to tell the parents and kids and citizens and taxpayers what responsibility for education they accept is, many would say, unacceptable."

For you to go around pretending they don't is UNACCEPTABLE.
If these public servants are refusing or unable to answer your question, then name names.
Otherwise, we are left with you going into church and asking the priest (whether new or just checking on the old ones) "Are you abusing kids."?

As for "huff and puff" axxie, I have a wife.
If your husband/boyfriend/lover is unable to huff and puff for you, don't come begging me again.
Go down to 14th Street NW, just a block from the Post building.
Go after 9PM.

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 17, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

P. Marlowe:

I hope you'll let us all know about the view from the high road that you are taking.

Posted by: gardyloo | May 17, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

@phillipmarlowe,

HILARIOUS!!! Keep the zingers coming. They can dish it, but they can't take it!

Posted by: Is_this_thing_on | May 17, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

philly,
Really got you goin', eh? That was not my intention. You seem to know something about where the ho's hang out, though. Why not try to keep it civil?

I am not an auditor, WTU capo, or school administrator, so I have no names. I do know that with the exception of one person, oknow1, all teachers/crypto-teachers/pseudo-educators and, for lack of a better term, "teacher cheereaders" have not answered the question in this space. Hardly a word on this vital subject.

Can you? efavorite? A lot of words are unnecessary, but the silence is deafening and suggests a major reason behind the growing, broad-based chorus concerned with flagging, ineffective or unseen teacher performance and professionalism.

Why not contribute to quieting it down, eh?

Posted by: axolotl | May 17, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

"so I have no names. I"

Of course not.
Because there aren't many.
Please go check on your child's school, ask the question and report back.
Otherwise, we are left with you.....

"You seem to know something about where the ho's hang out, though."
Of course.
They were there back in the mid 70s when I'd go down to the Post building to pick up the papers to take to the carriers back in the 'burbs.
(PS It's always good to know where they are to make sure you're not in the area.)

As for civility, I treated you the way you treated others.
You want respect and civility, give it.
You go from one extreme to another.

As for gardyloo, the "high road" is down in the trenches and mire with the pigs.
Doesn't look good or smell good.

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 17, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

rifraf,

Your handle is quite apropos, as you seem intent on stirring the pot of racism. You make a claim about a "well-established scientific fact" of intelligence among different ethnic groups. Care to cite a reference? Of course not, as no such "scienfically sound" reference exists! Check your history. See who some of the first astronomers, mathematicians, and philosopers were, then get back to me. (Hint: They lived on the continent of Africa.)

Posted by: Is_this_thing_on | May 17, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

*scientifically*

Posted by: Is_this_thing_on | May 17, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Phillip,

Look, this is a very low-stress question. And you need to absorb the fact that asking it has nothing to do with auditing or evaluating performance of specific teachers, for goodness sake. I don't have "names" to give you because I am searching for "responsibilities" that teachers take on.

All the public wants to know is: what are DCPS teachers responsible for when it comes to education? Not a big-think exercise nor something to be concealed or as mysterious as it seems right now.

Can't tell if you don't know or are just not willing to inform stakeholders for some reason.

The longer this question hangs in the air unanswered, the more people will want the answer. Teaching is so important, and is also getting more expensive to fund, right here in DC. People would like, more than ever, some assurance that the teachers will play their role in education. (Any who don't want to should certainly vote against the tentative agreement.)

I am asking folks on this blogue, many of whom seem sharp, informed, and knowledgeable, about what teachers really think. I thought you might know. I don't want to discomfort or confound you by asking, and if I have, I am sorry.

Posted by: axolotl | May 17, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Axoloti – Flattery will get you nowhere and teachers’ responsibilites are not a mystery. To learn the responsibilities of teaching or any job, please refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook put out by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Specific information about teachers can be found at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos318.htm#nature

Posted by: efavorite | May 17, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

efavorite--that's a silly, evasive answer. Like philly, you don't get it. We're not looking for a stock job description; we're looking for a list of real responsibilities that DC teachers will sign up for. No flattery for you, madame. Your posture is hardwired to the common bridling at being measured. Any teacher who will not take responsibility for his/her share of education functions and results should definitely vote no on the TA. Let's not waste resources on raises, perf pay or prof dev on people who are not committed to deliver anything educational in return. DCPS is not a M. Barry jobs program, for goodness sake. Teachers who won't commit should take their chances under existing, union-approved, court-sustained personnel rules. All you are doing is wearing away some of the support and good feelings for the effective and good teachers who try with some success to do their jobs.

Posted by: axolotl | May 18, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Axoloti - maybe you should draw up a list of items that you think DC teachers should commit to and take it to central admin and ask Rhee to incorporate it in her management plan - or maybe make it an addendum to the union contract.

You could do the same for any other occupation that you have strong feelings about, for instance law enforcement or medicine.

Posted by: efavorite | May 18, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

oh, efav.: no cute strategems will hide your unwillingness to articulate what parents and other stakeholders want to know. You're the expert on what teachers are supposed to be doing in the District. What responsibilities for education do they have? It is that simple.

Without asking, I know virtually every healthcare professional and law enforcement officer could tell you rather precisely what they are responsible for. Bad analogy. Doctors don't complain when sick people show up.

Posted by: axolotl | May 18, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Thanks efavorite, but as we see from her responses, that's not good enough for axxie..
And she keeps coming back, just like she goes into church and asks the priests if they are abusing kids.

But notice, how she brings parents, as though there are many just like her.

Well, that doesn't jive with the school and teacher satisfaction surveys DCPS posted a few months ago.

Atleast 70% of parents were happy with their teachers and schools.
I guess axxie is part of the 30% minority.

i want to be the minority
i dont need your authority
down with the moral majority
'cause i want to be the minority
Green Day

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 18, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

phil and efav: thank you both for making the point that needed to be made for thousands of page views: nada responsibilities taken! You made the point better and more clearly than anyone else could have. and just in time, too.

Posted by: axolotl | May 18, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

axolotl,
I was poised to point out that you have an allergy to facts (ie, all these parents who, along with you, want to know what responsibilities teachers take on vs the over 70% parental satisfaction with their schools' teachers see http://dcps.dc.gov/DCPS/About+DCPS/Satisfaction+Stakeholder+Surveys/2008-09+Survey+Results:+Staff,+Parents,+Students) but I won't.

Why?

I have a change of heart.
As I thought of how to get through to you a simple fact (like 1+3=4) I remembered that my church, as all churches in the archdiocese, have a catechist Sunday in September where the religious ed (CCD) and the school teachers present themselves before the congregation and recommit themselves to teaching.

So maybe you could present the idea to Michelle Rhee that every school have a re-dedication ceremony during which teachers will state what they take responsibility for.

And you could be the High Priestess (non-abusing) who presides over these ceremonies.

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 18, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who honestly thinks that Rhee (warts and all) is on the wrong side of this issue, should read this article in the NY Times:

Anyone who thinks that Gray and the WTU represent anything other than a return to the Barry days of cronyism and coddling unions should have their head examined.

Posted by: nomayo | May 19, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Philly,
The fact that DC teachers won't sign up to any education responsibilities during school time has become well known. It doesn't bother effective and good and well intentioned teachers; they know what to do and do it and appear to take responsibility. It is all the others, typified by the teachers, faux teachers, and teacher supporters on these blogues who think it is fine for teachers to have a great big out--no responsibilities--but they'll take the cash, pensions, raises, thank you. What this demonstrates is that some teachers are responsible for a lot of the backlash they bemoan.

Finally, philly, face up to the fact that the bulk of the population is not Catholic, many Catholics don't practice, and the Church's methods in anything are not exactly the rage now. I don't think your idea will work too well in a school setting. If there were individual contracts, I'd love to see teachers sign on to a list of things they will be responsible for and will be measured on (performance pay or not). The TA is way to vague. My soundings suggest it will pass by a substantial margin, BTW.

Posted by: axolotl | May 19, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Your under-30% fellow parents are silent axolotl.
And I can see why you would dismiss the Catholic Church.
How dare they repeat
Don't Lie
and
Don't bear false witness.

Yeah, I can see why you have a problem with that.

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 19, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Philly, altho ur points are as limp as ever, if you still sound that way after four hours, seek medical attention immediately.

Posted by: axolotl | May 19, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Axoltol:
"Philly, altho ur points are as limp as ever"

Axolotl, you need to stop with these sexual advances.
I suggest you head down to 14th Street NW around L after 9PM.
What they have to offer you there is "all the rage", as you like it.

And the next time you're down on the beaches of Bermuda (sans laptop and Blackberry), take advantage of the beach vendors and their offers of ganja.

"LoveGame"
"This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick."
-Stephanie Germanotta

Posted by: phillipmarlowe | May 19, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

U should stop dreaming and go to the ER immediately, phil.

Posted by: axolotl | May 19, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse