Late Afternoon Redskins Updates
1) I'm benching Clinton Portis this week. Unsilent Majority, you should too.
2) Redskins fan and FedEx driver Denny Hamlin plans to go to FedEx Field on Monday night.
3) A friendly reader points out that the timing of the President's Monday evening address once again shows that the District might not necessarily be our President's greatest priority. Or Minnesota, I guess.
4) I heard from Santana Moss's cousin DJ KEVIS (Jarkevis Howell), the writer and producer behind the Tana Man video referenced yesterday (and posted below for anyone who neglected to follow yesterday's link). And underneath the video, we now have complete lyrics, courtesy of DJ KEVIS. Toney Green's first verse is genius: "Check it off...." Love it.
(Kevis): Yeah it's ya boi.. D.J. Kevis... This is a myspace exclusive "Tana 8an" c'mon.. Y'all ain't think I was going to do it huh..? Dade County 'Tana... C'mon Mr.Green....
Toney Green: Check it off, they've done manned up on 89;
Tap your helmet Mark Brunell, send 'Tana down the sideline.
Watch his lil' moves, while he tangle they shoes;
Then he looks back at 'em and then throw them the duce.
They said he was too small when came from the "U;"
And now he's in the NFL str-8 punishing dudes.
And when they in that cover 2, watch him give them all a "sue-flae"
Oohh-weee, 'member when that boy was @ "C.C."
Tell the QB gun it, cause he's running right up under it.
Traz Powell Stadium, home of the greatest one.
Throne of the 'Tana Man, call up the camera man.
Moves so sick, got you calling up the ambulance.
Dammit man! How's the whole family doin' damage man?
His lil' brother Nori...that's a whole other story.
Just drafted to the Giants, 'Skins play 'em 2 times;
So it's Moss against Moss man; it's Boss against Boss Man.
C'mon Lloyd I ain't forget about cha, do your thang.
While Santana's in Hawaii @ the Pro Bowl game.
You've just been blessed by the real McCoy "T.G" ToNEY Green,
Ex TRAZ POWELL EMPLOYEE. YEAH.
5) Since this post is already endless, another friendly French-proficient curling-playing reader has translated several of the Blogging French Almost-Actual Redskin's blog entries. Here ya' go:
09.01.2006 LAST MATCH OF THE PRESEASON...
... And last chance to show what we know how to do! "We weren't looking to win these pre-season matches, we were looking to evaluate you. We wanted to put you in complex situations without having a game plan for playing our opponents," Joe Gibbs clearly told us. "This evaluation is primarily in our own eyes, but of course we're not happy to have lost, but when it is time to win, we'll do what's necessary " he continued. "This week, we have worked on the fundamentals of American Football in training in order to be 'exact in our execution.'"
All week I trained myself with a single thought in mind, a thought which will stay with me all season and which came from my defensive coordinator Greg[g] Williams: "If you wanna be a back up in this league you have to learn not to take any rep in practice and when your chance comes, you have to show up and play better than the starters...." Hey yes, one is far from all that one knows.
Last match of the preseason, and a new defeat... But not that serious of a blow! I've finally had the chance to play on the four special units: punt, punt return, kickoff, and kickoff return; and I've also realized my first plating [perhaps idiom for tackle?]... On a punt at the start of the second half! I also had the chance to carry out a running defensive drive in the fourth quarter. Super experience!
My apprenticeship continues. I'm ready to continue the work I've started. Ten days separate us from Monday Night Football. The totality of training camp has been based on one objective: Be ready to play in this opening game, the Minnesota Vikings... The objective remain unchanged.
The comments to this entry are closed.