What You Need to Know, in Fewer Than 200 Words, Monday Morning

Your week two Redskins descriptors (and if you're real bummed out, pump the volume and listen to Mr. I'm Baaack while you read): overwhelmed, debacle, horrific offensively, inept, continued to struggle, consistent incompetence. Also, the Dallas defense had "a dominating performance" (registration), and "Brunell is just dreadful." Also, Skins are "mired in a bog of missed opportunities." (Brilliant use of "bog.")

Columnists: "The Redskins collapsed" (Wilbon); "the final score could have been much worse" (Daly); Washington is "on the precipice of overwhelming problems" (Woody) and has "no spark in any phase of its offense" (Carrucci). Bloggers: "Do you actually think the Redskins practice during the week," "the offense may be the worst in the NFL," "the Redskins looked like they did in the preseason" and "Dallas is back as a contender."

Blech. Anyhow, Orioles are closing up shop in D.C., Virginia might start freshman Jameel Sewell at QB, Va. Tech RB George Bell could be done, DCU + Fire = blood feud, and Ovechkin turns 21 and is hit with a pie. Again.

Non-local: Here's a case where fans should complain about officiating.

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 18, 2006; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portis Trivia
Next: What to do when the Redskins are stinky

Comments

What? No mention of Soriano making the 40-40 club? And he's even the first to not be a jerk, either.

Posted by: Kim | September 18, 2006 9:34 AM | Report abuse

"I'm baaaack..." is for sure one of the worst songs ever recorded. Right behind anything Shaq has managed to get into mass production. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to immerse myself in a bog of food and eat my feelings about the Redskins losing.

Posted by: StillLoveSeanTaylor | September 18, 2006 10:23 AM | Report abuse

What, no mention of West Potomac RFC's 17-14 victory over their hated rival the Happy Valley Barbarians? West Potomac RFC is now 2-0 in the 2006 Matrix season with both of their victories coming over 2006 MARFU qualifiers.

Posted by: KJ | September 18, 2006 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I thought you were going to Newark this weekend - no report back? I'm seeing lots of whining but not much in the cheesy dept.

Posted by: Great Dane | September 18, 2006 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I was in Newark, but left sort of early and didn't bring my cheese. I now have a $14 piece of cheese sitting at my desk at The Post....planning on making copy editors sample it. Beer is probably out.

As for rugby, the Delaware trip prevented me from seeing RFC's glorious triumph. Don't you people ever play during the week? Or at least practice? Can I get invited to a single rugby practice, please?

Posted by: Dan Steinberg | September 18, 2006 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Consider yourself invited homeboy, I just sent you an e-mail with all the info you need.

Posted by: KJ | September 18, 2006 2:19 PM | Report abuse