I'm Going To.....

I hate to even mention anything after all that vitriol. Comments are cool, but hatred kinda freaks me out a little, especially when the subject is sports.

Anyhow, largely because of the time (later) and the fact that I have a meeting in downtown D.C. to pick up some really wacky cheese (really), I'm off to Georgetown. Please, please, please, this doesn't mean I'm making value judgments about your schools or your arguments. I love you all equally. So does the entire Washington Post sports staff. And this wouldn't really be my blog if cheese didn't somehow sway my decision.

And yes, I'll ask JTIII all those questions about playing local teams, I promise, although he's answered them all before.

And next time I'll go to Maryland. Now let's all make up and be friends again. Live media day blogging to commence around 3:30.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 12, 2006; 2:29 PM ET
Categories:  College Basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Should Vegas Take Over the BCS?
Next: Georgetown Fans, Don't Hate Me, But...

Comments

Hey Dan, when you shop for cheese, do you shop like Borat?

Don't worry, it's safe for work.

Posted by: Blackaces | October 12, 2006 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Maybe you should have stuck with the American Women's Volleyball concept. NCAA hoops is quite the divider.

Posted by: Kim | October 12, 2006 3:24 PM | Report abuse

That's a stupid non-commital reason. I'm sure Georgetown fans would not have been upset if you had chosen Maryland over us three or four years ago. They were coming off a final four appearance and were highly ranked. Even if they were upset then, we were a non-story three or four years ago. Now, the opposite is the case. Georgetown is coming in with a lot of pre-season buzz and a high ranking; it makes sense to cover the Hoyas this year. Your excuse makes you sound like a wishy-washy journalist without the credibility to tell Md fans that this is not their year.

Posted by: HoyaTMF | October 12, 2006 4:19 PM | Report abuse